Fathom Digital Manufacturing Hartland WI United States
4 months ago
Fathom is one of the largest digital manufacturing platforms offering on-demand manufacturing in North America. With more than 90 large-platform industrial-grade 3D printing machines and a national footprint with more than 450,000 square feet of manufacturing capacity across 12 facilities, Fathom seamlessly blends in-house capabilities across plastic and metal additive... technologies, CNC machining, injection molding & tooling, urethane casting, sheet metal fabrication, and design and engineering.
With over 50 years of industry experience, Fathom is at the forefront of the industry 4.0 digital manufacturing revolution serving clients in the technology, defense, aerospace, medical, automotive and IOT sectors. Fathom’s extensive certifications include ISO 9001:2015, ISO 9001:2015 Design, ISO 13485:2016, AS9100:2016, NIST 800-171 and ITAR.
Manufacturing Engineer Position Summary:
We are looking for a talented manufacturing engineer to oversee and improve manufacturing processes. The manufacturing engineer's responsibilities include identifying areas for improvement, maintaining high levels of manufacturing and product quality, designing new products and processes, as well as ensuring cost-efficiency and conformance with regulatory standards.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for implementing new and improving current manufacturing processes. The position will also be supporting Manufacturing by providing DFM review, designing tooling and fixturing, preparing CAD files for manufacturing. They will also assist with pre-sale meetings and at times will be customer facing
• Lead the on-site root cause investigations and troubleshooting/error handling of development additive manufacturing technologies.
• Primary interface between our Customer and the Fathom Additive technical community
• Share best practices and lessons learned through active participation in internal technical reviews and feedback sessions with the engineering and services teams.
• Train other qualified individuals to safely operate additive manufacturing equipment.
• Actively participates in customer reviews.
• Design-for-AM and AM processing
• Work with commercial team to assess designs, materials, cost, and suitable manufacturing technologies.
• Generate and modify component designs for additive manufacturing.
• Support the planning, prepare, and execute additive manufacturing part production and post-processing
• Develop new processes supporting multiple additive manufacturing technologies.
• Lead execution of process improvement projects
• Support machine operators including build prep, material handling, machine operation, and post-build part cleaning.
• Design of AM builds to be used for both production and R&D purposes.
• Maintenance and standardization of operating instructions, machine instructions and related equipment processing parameters.
• Provide technical support in resolving process-related non-conformances and customer complaints.
• Develop an understanding of process variables and key process indicators to ensure consistent results.
• Evaluate and implement tools and techniques to improve monitoring during the Additive Manufacturing process to ensure quality of the final part.
• Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance personnel to develop improvements to manufacturing processes and standards that enhance safety in the workplace, equipment performance and product quality.
• Plan, execute and manage product/process continuous improvement programs that support the Additive Manufacturing Team.
• Work closely with product development engineers to evaluate and improve product designs for manufacturability while applying GD&T and dimensional stackups.
• Provide expert consultation for additive manufacturing processes with external suppliers.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and at least 10 years of experience or 15+ years of experience with trade apprenticeship or equivalent metal trades experience in a related field
• In depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) ASME Y14.5M-1994
• Strong project management skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proficiency with Solidworks or similar CAD system
• Ability to effectively communicate
• Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Detailed oriented with creative problem solving skills and the ability to drive resolution and closure.
• Familiarity of ITAR, ATF, EAR a plus
• Good working knowledge of materials and heat-treating processes.
• Possesses a wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Overall must be able to work in a team, lead, plan, and execute multiple projects. Quality of work must be very high. Written and verbal communication of complicated subjects is required. Organization of documentation and record keeping shall be to a high standard.
Fathom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law, (example some states have a marital status protected), for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing information about compensation. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Fathom is an EOE, including disability/vets
Hartland WI USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.