Co-operators Toronto Canada
2 weeks ago
We are a leading Canadian financial services co-operative committed to being a catalyst for a sustainable and resilient society and our team is essential to deliver on this strategy. That’s why we prioritize our people, to ensure we provide a strong culture and development opportunities which enables our team to thrive and to live our purpose. The best part is that you will work with people that care passionately about you, our clients, and our communities.
The Emerging Business Model (EBM) Tech team exists to deliver contextually relevant financial security that delight customers and partners in their moment of need. We design, build, and deliver digital first platform and services that enable data differentiated and hyper-personalized insurance propositions within ecosystem partners‘ experiences. When you join EBM, you’ll instantly become a key member of an agile, energetic, and ambitious digital team. If you like the idea of engineering innovation at scale... through digital, analytics, automation and contributing to a wide variety of next-gen integrated propositions, we think you’ll love working at EBM!
As the Project Portfolio Consultant for Emerging Business Models Team, you will work with the portfolio leader to design and enforce portfolio and project management processes and templates for the team. This includes, but is not limited to, portfolio dashboard, project statuses, financial management, resource allocation and management, executive presentations and intake.
How you will create impact:
• Define, operationalize and optimize portfolio and project management processes including intake process(es), , vendor management process, financial/ budget management, resource management, benefits tracking and KPI management
• Facilitate and manage the intake process for all new work items regardless of size including ideation, consulting, high-level requirements, solutioning, work-effort / cost estimation, and feasibility / scheduling.
• Perform strategic ideation and consulting in partnership with business stakeholders and vendors (where applicable).
• Synthesize and document high-level scope and requirements.
• Facilitate high-level design and solutioning, including options, for meeting business requirements / objectives.
• Facilitate work-effort / cost estimation.
• Assess feasibility and coordinate scheduling.
• Present assessment results to business stakeholders, including senior leaders (VP and above)
• Managing the flow of all new work that has not yet been committed for delivery, including interdependencies, fiscal year planning and tracking status for each intake request.
• Manage intake commitments, status tracking and SLAs.
• Identify and manage scheduling of new work commitments, including interdependencies.
• Lead the fiscal year planning process.
• Lead coordination on prioritization and resolution of scheduling conflicts.
• Develop / maintain rolling 12-month holistic view of the committed portfolio of work
• Manage communications with and expectations of stakeholders, including serving as the primary interaction conduit, participating in ideation sessions, gathering high-level scope, presenting assessment output and tracking SLAs
• Generate periodic reporting for various stakeholder groups
How you will succeed:
• You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
• You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
• You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
• You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
• You have minimum five years of experience in project/ portfolio analysis, PMO analyst and similar roles.
• You have a track record for successfully supporting project and program execution with multiple sub-projects and workstreams with budgets in excess of $15M.
• Having the appropriate project management certification is a big asset.
• Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships.
• Ability to collaborate and extract unstated needs and requirements
• Knowledge of project management concepts and lifecycle
• Experience in process design and management
• Excellent ability to multi-task and juggle multiple competing priorities
• Expert Portfolio Management Experience
• Ability to influence and advice senior leaders and build relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
• Exceptional track record of Project Delivery
• Exceptional skills in PowerPoint, JIRA, confluence, Excel (incl. macros, complex formulae)
• Ability to switch between initiatives and understand impacts is a key role in ensuring work progresses at pace in, what at times can be, an unstructured environment
• Strong understanding and demonstrated experience in working in an agile environment
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with team members as well as both internal and external stakeholders at various levels. Organization, decision-making, communication skills must be at an advanced level
• Achievement focus in delivering high quality solutions based on agreed upon value
What you need to know:
• Detail oriented work that requires frequent mental concentration for extended periods of time.
• You will be subject to a Background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
What's in it for you?
• Training and development opportunities to grow your career.
• Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
• A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
• Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
• A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits
Project Portfolio Consultant Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.