SYNLAB Belgium Fleurus Belgium
2 months ago
SYNLAB is Europe’s number one medical diagnostic service provider, offering the full range of medical laboratory services for patients, practicing doctors, clinics, and the pharmaceutical industry. SYNLAB’s reliable local laboratory services are available in 35 countries. SYNLAB combines the benefits of a European-wide network with the advantages of a local diagnostic services provider. State-of-the-art technology, novel testing capabilities and an international network of medical professionals means we can offer a catalogue of more than 5000 routine and specialised tests.
SYNLAB Belgium is the leading medical diagnostic company in the Wallonia-Brussels region, with a growing presence in Flanders, with service delivery also in France, Luxemburg and the Netherlands. We provide complete medical diagnostic services to laboratories, healthcare professionals hospitals and patients, in the clinical biology, anatomical pathology, nutritional and functional biology, and veterinary... sectors.
SYNLAB Belgium is looking for its:
HEAD OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
As HEAD OF IT Belgium, you report to the country COO. Your role’s primary responsibility is to preserve and continuously improve a solid and reliable IT organization to efficiently drive and support strategic business needs of SYNLAB Belgium. You ensure the most efficient local adaptation and deployment of Group IT processes, tools and systems.
Your main tasks are as follows :
• Taking all necessary measures for the availability and operation of the IT system, including IT security, availability of all services, managing the data centre, development of systems that support the needs of the company and its growth ;
• Develop and lead the direct reports and improve the overall effectiveness of the IT organization; establish and foster a team-oriented corporate culture by acting as a role model; coordinate the tasks of the IT team; coach the team members and ensure they receive the necessary training ;
• Identify opportunities for value-creating, ambitious projects for the country organisation by taking into account local operations requirements as well as the Group IT strategy ;
• Provide efficient and end-user-oriented IT asset management; ensure a proper life-cycle-management and implement IT and data security standards in accordance with existing and upcoming Group guidelines ;
• Make suggestions on the implementation of new IT systems; evaluate the options by taking both local and Group requirements into account ;
• Ensure optimal availability and operation of the IT systems by providing comprehensive service desk support for all relevant users in Belgium ;
• Evaluate the complexity of the IT integration of M&A projects; ensure and assist in the rollout of the SYNLAB infrastructure in acquired labs; create coherence amongst IT systems in different laboratories and ensure the compatibility of all related interfaces ;
• ·Collaborate with local management team on decisions regarding the IT infrastructure of the country organization (decisions with bigger impact are decided by the Group)
• Select, steer and effectively collaborates with external IT providers on acquired offers and services as well as on overall IT projects ;
• Actively contribute to the country IT decisions as well as to the International IT community in order to share best practices.
• Superior degree in IT, with demonstrated people management experience. Prior exposure to the medical laboratory sector or medical devices / diagnostics is a plus
• Knowledge of ITIL services is an asset
• Good grasp in financials, CapEx and OpEx optimisation
• Fluency in French and good knowledge of English
• Smart and agile individual, with the ability to implement pragmatic action plans
• Strong project management and communication skills
• Problem solving and customer centricity approach
• Leadership and strong personnel management skills
An opportunity to make a personal impact within a Group driven by a spirit of continuous improvement and innovation intended to bring professionalism and operational excellence to the highest level.
Total compensation package in line with your experience, including a company car, health insurance, bonus, pension plan, meal vouchers, laptop, smartphone.
The position is based in Heppignies and Liège.
Ready for the challenge ? Send your CV and a cover letter to : [email protected]
Your application will be processed quickly and confidentially
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.