Sam's Club Richardson TX United States
2 weeks ago
What you'll do...
As a Sr. Retail Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of members and associates.
About The Sam's Club Experience Design Team
At Sam's Club, we're committed to being the membership you love the most. The Sam's Club Experience Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates-from our clubs to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences, and associate-facing tools.
What you'll do:
• Use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) and any Industry-specific modeling software (Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Alias, Siemens NX, or Rhino) in collaboration with other architects, designers, content strategists, researchers, product managers and engineers.
• Create business, consumer, and associate product experiences.
• Think holistically about the people using our products, a cohesive design system, and end-to-end experiences.
• Collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
• Gather business requirements, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• Gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust and when to follow your initial vision.
• Experience with animation tools (Adobe aftereffects, Premiere, Maya, etc.).
• Solid understanding of relevant CAD systems (e.g., Alias, Rhino, SolidWorks, or AutoCAD) or rendering software.
What you'll bring:
• Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces.
• Experience with business requirement gathering site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• Design theory and concepts to create visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast)
• The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create a scalable and consistent website.
• Great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• Inclusive design philosophy with an editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust and when to follow your initial vision.
• Complimentary skills in your Product Designer arsenal: prototyping (with Figma, Adobe XD, Principle or similar), user research, motion design, illustration.
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong Design Mastery in industrial design. Your portfolio will be assessed on creative excellence, storytelling, problem-solving and technical mastery. Your work should also demonstrate examples of solving design problems by connecting consumer insights, technology, socio-cultural and market trends in a meaningful way.
• Strong tendency towards visual thinking, using techniques like storyboards and sketching, to communicate interaction design concepts.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process .
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our team members, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in UI/UX design, graphic design, visual communication, product design, computer science, information technology, or related area and 3 years' experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area. Option 2: 5 years' experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
Richardson TX USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.