National University of Science and Technology (NUST) Bulawayo Zimbabwe
2 weeks ago
The National University of Science and Technology (NUST) is a leading institution of higher learning in Zimbabwe, dedicated to producing world-class graduates who contribute to the development of the country and beyond.
The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, including science, engineering, technology, commerce, and the arts.
NUST is looking for a skilled web developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for the university. The successful candidate will work alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating the university’s websites.
The Web Developer will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for the National University of Science and Technology. The incumbent will work alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating the university’s websites. The successful candidate will report to the Systems Manager.
DUTIES AND... RESPONSIBILITIES
• Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
• Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
• Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
• Directing or performing Website updates.
• Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
• Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
• Carrying research on new web technologies
• Interconnecting the Web Pages with University authorized databases and systems
• Web Proxy configurations and maintenance
• Maintaining the integrity of the website
• Liaising with the Webmaster and Network Engineers in the security of Web-related systems.
Qualifications and Experience
• Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Information Technology, or equivalent
• At least 3 years of post-qualification experience.
content management systems and Unix or Linux administration.
• He/she must have good communication skills and leadership qualities.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
• An attractive package which includes Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits is offered; details of
which will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applications, which should include a curriculum vitae (giving full personal particulars of applicant, including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone numbers and the names, addresses (including e-mail) and telephone numbers of three contactable referees) and copies of certificates
The National University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31 August 2023.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.