Mind Australia Careers Victoria Australia
2 weeks ago
• Empower young people with complex needs to live their best lives with strength-based recovery-focused supports
• Part time roles| Up to 34.2 hours/week, 5 Day Roster
• Box Hill Location
Mind Australia is one of the country’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers with a range of residential, mobile outreach, centre based and online services. We have been supporting people living with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years.
We provide practical and motivational support that helps people to develop the skills they need to move on, thrive and improve the quality of their lives. It’s an approach to mental health and wellbeing that looks at the whole person in the context of their daily life. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
Headspace in partnership with Mind aims to promote and facilitate improvements in the mental health, social wellbeing and economic... participation of young people aged 12-25 years residing the Northern Region of Melbourne. Services in this youth friendly space are delivered across four core streams - physical and sexual health, mental health, alcohol and other drugs (AOD), and educational and vocational services to improve access for young people to mental health programs as well as ensuring better co-ordination between service providers.
We are seeking highly motivated, compassionate Community Mental Health Practitioner - Counsellors for a, permanent part time ( Up to 34.2 hours per week) opportunities to work in the Box Hill area. Working within a multi-disciplinary team, you will undertake brief intervention, provide referrals and care coordination for young people and their families using strength-based, recovery-focused approaches.
• Deliver high quality services and facilitate positive educational and social experiences.
• Engage with young people and their families using strength-based, recovery-orientated practices.
• Undertake brief intervention, provide information and education, organise referrals and care coordination.
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team offering specialised psychosocial support.
• Collaborate with a range of services and the community to ensure a co-ordinated, integrated response to the client’s recovery goals.
What you’ll bring
• Tertiary qualifications (minimum Certificate IV) in Mental Health, Peer Work, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or other health-related field.
• Expertise in working with people with mental health issues, complex needs and interacting with families and carers.
• Proven capability to implement therapeutic, recovery oriented frameworks and practices including risk mitigation, trauma informed care and family inclusive practice.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Community Services sector and ability to build strong relationships with service providers, clinical teams and key stakeholders.
• Attractive Not For Profit Salary Packaging benefits up to $15,900pa.
• Learning, development and career opportunities.
• Flexible work arrangements to suit your lifestyle!
To obtain a position description and apply online visit Mind Careers - reference number 494028. Online applications must be submitted by 11pm Sunday 24 September 2023. Please contact the person below for more information.
Kelly Bougioukos - Service Manager – Headspace
Email - [email protected]
Mind strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people with a lived experience of mental ill health and recovery, and applicants from all cultures, genders, sexualities, bodies, abilities, spiritualities, ages and backgrounds. The successful applicant is required to complete comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check, NDIS Workers Screening Check and the ability to obtain vaccinations against COVID-19.
PD Community Mental Health Practitioner - Counsellor (Headspace Box Hill) 20230630.pdf
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.