IBTCI Uganda Uganda
1 week ago
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over 100 countries and implemented over 300 projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in institutional support and monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL)across many areas and sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Knowledge Management Specialist
Department/Location: SEAD/Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: COP or designee
Type: Regular Full-Time
Clearance Required: N/A
IBTCI is seeking a Knowledge Management Specialist for an upcoming five-year USAID-funded MEL SI Platform. The general objectives of this project include: strengthening evidence-based programming within USAID/Kampala and... among implementing partners in support of the country’s development cooperation strategy; implement a comprehensive management and reporting system; support the Government of Uganda information systems pertaining to orphans and vulnerable children; and analyze the effectiveness and sustainability of initiatives pertaining to gender, equity, social inclusion, localization, climate resilience, and private sector engagement. This position is contingent upon award. Uganda citizens and residents are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Develop a communications and knowledge management strategy and approach to ensure monitoring, evaluation and research findings, lessons learned and best practices in monitoring, evaluation, assessments and special studies activities are documented, stored and shared with multiple stakeholders within and outside the USAID/Mission.
• Promote communications and knowledge management standards, processes, and technologies.
• Develop a client-centered knowledge management approach and/or customize a knowledge management approach according to the needs of stakeholders.
• Contribute to the development of a dashboard to visualize monitoring and evaluation findings.
• Lead development and presentation of relevant information for evidence-based learning and decision-making.
• Guide and oversee development of new knowledge management methods, processes, tools and platforms, with user-focused approach to capture collaboration, evidence and research utilization across stakeholders.
• Identify and curate technical website content, as needed.
• Design, coordinate and/or implement effective knowledge sharing events.
• Create accountability mechanisms to support evidence uptake and use.
• Provide periodical reflections and recommendations to the MEL SI COP and stakeholders to uptake evidence utilization.
• Participate in the design/implementation of monitoring and evaluation of knowledge management interventions.
• Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 7 years’ experience working with knowledge management frameworks in the context of development assistance programs/projects, preferably in health sector programming.
• Demonstrated experience creating user-focused knowledge management products.
• Proven track record coordinating and contributing to successful knowledge products in global health.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the application of information technology to knowledge management.
• Prior experience with USAID activities, including strong conceptual and practical knowledge USAID’s CLA framework.
• Demonstrated skill and experience in facilitating groups, meetings, and events (both online and in-person), resulting in collaborative decision-making, agreed-upon action items/priorities, and strong outcomes.
• Commitment to the user-experience, including understanding needs, delivering user- focused experience and building stakeholder buy-in.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal, analytical, and training skills.
• Ability to perform duties that require very close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information effectively.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Advanced degree in journalism, communications, organizational learning, knowledge management, social science or other related area of expertise.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience working with IT and backend web design/building support teams.
• Expertise in working with a variety of stakeholders, including host country government personnel, NGO partners, international donor agencies and other stakeholders.
• Prior experience in developing and/or coordinating communities of practice.
• Prior experience working within a USAID mission is desirable.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: In country travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education & human capacity development, energy & infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page, https://careers.ibtci.com/jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.