Rockland Community College Suffern NY United States
1 week ago
Position: Benefits Manager...
Under supervision of the Human Resources Executive Director, the incumbent of this position performs complex analysis functions for the college’s benefits and retirement programs in the Human Resources unit.
• Functions as the administrator of entire benefits program with the County of Rockland for all eligible RCC employees.
• Leads and implements the RCC initiative on communicating and complying with the Affordable Care Act.
• Acts as a liaison with the Payroll department regarding all benefits-related paperwork.
• Manages the ERS, TRS and ORP retirement programs which includes uploads, reconciliation, arrears, loans and monthly billings
• Responds to all exceptions and corrects errors
• Researches all elections and approves for entrance into pension plan
• Calculates all prior year buybacks for TRS & ERS for current and former employees
• Funds payroll retirement and medical deductions
• Monitors and manages the Flexible Spending Program
• Annually updates retirement plans contribution rates
• Liaises with the County to ensure that all 1095 annual tax forms are prepared and distributed.
• Maintains overtime maximum for ERS.
• Communicates with the campus community and others regarding benefits and retirement programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Three years related experience preferably in higher education or public entity setting. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge skills and abilities have been achieved may be considered.
Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate. Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
Starting Salary: $75,000
Submit Resumes to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=rockcc&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP
Application Deadline: Until filled
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community
Suffern NY USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.