AXA Group Walnut Creek CA United States
2 weeks ago
Walnut Creek, CA | San Francisco, CA I USA
We invent the new to help the world move forward. Combining powerful analytics and deeper insights with bigger ideas and innovative solutions, we free up our clients’ potential, thereby fulfilling our own. Take it seriously...
Make it fun. Know it matters.
The Senior Underwriter plays an important part in providing Brokers and Clients in the Western Region with a service that supports the positive image of the AXA XL brand. Therefore, the role requires a significant amount of interaction with Clients, Brokers and internal stakeholders. Working as part of the Western Region Property UW Team, the role will be focused on securing new business opportunities by providing leading edge solutions for client needs.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
· Developing and structuring tailor-made solutions by considering the Property Underwriting guidelines and Underwriting policy to win new business and retain existing customers.
· Evaluating appropriate risk premium by considering the risk costs inherent to the Property Sector, reinsurance cessions as well as the underwriting and general administration costs to ensure profitability.
· Initiate opportunities for cross-selling.
· Control timely implementation of New and Renewal accounts according to quality standards (including policy- and invoice issuance).
· Monitor premium collection according to standards and take actions.
· Advise, assist and service clients on insurance and risk management matters to ensure clients satisfaction and respond to client and AXA XL queries in a timely manner.
· Ensure timely implementation of Policy endorsements and ensure proper hand-over for implementation.
· The Senior Underwriter may have a responsibility for the development of skills, knowledge and competencies of less experienced colleagues.
· They will develop best practice and the sharing of underwriting knowledge within the team.
· Proactively foster positive relationship with clients to get mutual understanding of their needs.
You will report to a senior member of the Western Region, NA Property Underwriting team.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
· Moderate to Extensive years of underwriting experience with thorough technical knowledge of underwriting, rating methodologies, forms and business processes.
· Candidate needs to have basic understanding of global and domestic property underwriting. Large account experience and HPR background is a plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred; professional designations CPCU, ARM a plus.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent marketing, presentation and negotiation skills.
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers, producers and trading partners.
· Solid leadership and management skills.
· Excellent decision-making skills.
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Inclusion & Diversity
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
• Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity and origins, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
• Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
• Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
• Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
• Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AXA XL, Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy, called “Roots of resilience,” focuses on protecting natural ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable practices across our operations.
• Valuing nature: How we impact nature affects how nature impacts us. Resilient ecosystems - the foundation of a sustainable planet and society – are essential to our future. We’re committed to protecting and restoring nature – from mangrove forests to the bees in our backyard – by increasing biodiversity awareness and inspiring clients and colleagues to put nature at the heart of their plans.
• Addressing climate change: The effects of a changing climate are far reaching and significant. Unpredictable weather, increasing temperatures, and rising sea levels cause both social inequalities and environmental disruption. We're building a net zero strategy, developing insurance products and services, and mobilizing to advance thought leadership and investment in societal-led solutions.
• Integrating ESG: All companies have a role to play in building a more resilient future. Incorporating ESG considerations into our internal processes and practices builds resilience from the roots of our business. We’re training our colleagues, engaging our external partners, and evolving our sustainability governance and reporting.
• AXA Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as AXA XL’s “Hearts in Action” programs. These include our Matching Gifts program, Volunteering Leave, and our annual volunteering day – the Global Day of Giving.
For more information, please see Sustainability at AXA XL.
The U.S. pay range for this position is USD 92,500 - 182,000. Actual pay will be determined based upon the individual’s skills, experience, and location. We strive for market alignment and internal equity with our colleagues’ pay.
At AXA XL, we know how important physical, mental, and financial health are to our employees, which is why we are proud to offer benefits such as a competitive retirement savings plan, health and wellness programs, and many other benefits. We also believe in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a wide range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills and to position themselves for the next step of their careers. For more details about AXA XL’s benefits offerings, please visit US-Benefits-at-a-Glance_2023_US.pdf (myaxaxlbenefits.com
Walnut Creek CA USA (+1 other)
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.