Pod Point United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Remote - UK
We're Pod Point and we're on a mission to put a chargepoint everywhere you park, revolutionising the way people charge their electric vehicles. We're a leading provider of electric vehicle charging solutions in the UK, and we're searching for seriously talented Senior Software Engineers to join our incredible software team.
Your main gig? Be a significant member of our thriving software development community who effectively contributes to our products, infrastructure, internal tools, platforms and processes.
Join the EVolution:
Our technology and its users are at the heart of everything we do, ranging from consumer applications that enable EV drivers to charge on our network; to an expansive ecommerce solution for our customers and our partners; back-office systems for managing our network; and a big data pipeline for the communications of our charge points. We're leading the industry in how great... software helps define the best EV charging experience.
What you'll do:
• Continuously collaborate with your agile squad, be that via pair programming, peer code reviews, helping QA with testing, or story writing & defining tech specs with project managers and product owners
• Develop performant Node.js backends using TypeScript served through nextJS
• Create beautiful UX/UI with ReactJS, HTML5/CSS3/SASS, Inertia.js & TailwindCSS
• Help our department adopt modern microservices architecture using a multitude of AWS services (RDS, EC2, Fargate, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, CloudFront, API Gateway, Codebuild - to name but a few)
• Work with numerous other technologies (Websockets, Elasticsearch, Redis, Docker, Postgres etc.)
• Actively work with our learning community to develop the department's technical skillset
• Take a leading role in the design of solutions to meet the business and technical challenges of our software products
• Coach and mentoring others in the team
• Collaborate with your line manager to identify opportunities and areas of growth
Electrify us with your skills:
• Excellent experience with back-end frameworks such as Express and Serverless
• Excellent understanding of RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of front-end technologies and frameworks such as React, Vue.js or Angular
• Experience with unit & functional testing
• Good understanding of OOP principles and design patterns
• Good understanding of SQL and database technologies
• Experience working within an agile software team
• Experience analysing requirements, problems, and opportunities and architecting solutions
Bonus points for:
• Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
• Familiarity with TDD/BDD
• Actively involved in the technology industry (conferences, meetups, blogs)
If you're interested in the role but don't have all the skills we listed above, apply anyway! We're not looking for perfection, rather someone who's willing to learn new things and have a direct impact on our success and the future of clean transportation.
Our culture is electric:
At Pod Point, we're anything but your typical, run-of-the-mill company. We're all about rapid growth and constant innovation. Our flat structure means everyone can see the awesome contribution they're making to the company. No cog in the wheel here!
Sure, we work hard, but we don't believe in clock-watching. We're all about flexible working hours and a casual dress code. And get this — we're totally remote-first, plus we'll provide you with a comfortable home office set up! You'll also be surrounded by a squad of super talented Pod Pointers, and you'll have plenty of guidance and freedom to shape your role.
And that's just some of the reasons we were in the top 100 organisations to escape to in 2022 via Escape The City. Some of our benefits include:
• Salary Sacrifice EV Scheme & free Pod Point
• 25 days holiday (PLUS Bank Holidays)
• Very generous parental leave
• Pension scheme with a 4.5% matched contribution
• Eyecare scheme
• Life insurance covering up to 4x your annual salary
• Virtual GP provided by ZGP24
• Employee Assistance Program
• Daily dose of pets on our Slack channel and occasional puppies in our dog friendly office (if and when you choose to go in)
Bring all yourself to work
We're all about celebrating diverse perspectives and experiences, and we wholeheartedly welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. We truly believe that it's the unique blend of people that makes a workplace truly amazing!
We're proud to be a Disability Confident Level 1 employer. We understand that everyone has their own way of working, so if you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, just give our fantastic recruitment team a shout. They'll have your back and support you every step of the way.
So, if you're ready to charge up your career and be part of an electrifying team, apply now and let's make a difference together!
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.