Capital One Athens GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, VirginiaDirector, Software Engineering (Marketing Technology)
We are seeking a Director of Software Engineering who is passionate about growing and sustaining an innovative technology organization while fostering a culture of engineering and operational excellence. This individual will be an engineering leader who enjoys solving complex... business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of builders, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
As part of this role, you'll work on designing cloud native solutions and will have opportunity to work on emerging technologies such as: Angular.js, Java, GO, Scala, Python, REST, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Kafka streaming, Apache Airflow, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
This position is in the Martech org within Card Tech line of business and will be leading teams to build the next generation marketing & messaging platforms that enable segments, servicers, and marketers to author and deliver real-time, intelligent, multi-channel experiences at scale.
• Lead multiple delivery teams and coach team through their career development and performance
• Develop the technical strategy, roadmap and vision for the platforms you own
• Work with product managers to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack development tools and technologies
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years' experience in software development
- At least 5 years' experience in people management
- At least 3 years' experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience Marketing technology (Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- 4+ years of experience in AWS
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum Full time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked. New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $269,400 - $307,500 for Director, Software Engineering
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter. This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at (see below) . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to (see below)
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC
Athens GA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.