Travelers London United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Target Location - Dublin, Redhill, Ireland and England
What Is the Opportunity?
The Director, Actuarial and Analytics is an analytic leadership role that is responsible for the implementation of a variety of actuarial/statistical techniques and analyses which includes pricing, reinsurance, regulatory reporting, planning/forecasting, project management, portfolio management and research.
This role is expected to execute strategic and operational initiatives, drive change within assigned unit, provide analytical insights and recommendations to leadership and business partners, and... share ownership of the business’s financial results.
The Director, Actuarial and Analytics will work within broad limits and authority on complex assignments requiring specialised knowledge and expertise in breadth and/or depth in one or more of the following areas:
Actuarial and/or research analysis/methodsPricing Tool and Analytics deliveryStrategic guidance to business
What Will You Do?
• Assess, prioritise, influence and communicate strategic initiative options to senior leaders.
• Demonstrate effective execution and completion of assigned strategic initiatives and projects.
• Regularly generate process improvements and explore opportunities for innovation.
• Lead assigned unit strategic initiatives (narrow scope, limited and well defined) and cross-unit initiatives on a limited basis and is expected to participate in Europe or Enterprise initiatives on a limited basis.
• Independently perform actuarial and analytic analyses to solve business problems and apply judgment appropriately.
• Drive day to day execution within unit. Support broad department initiatives.
• Promote efficiency across primary working group, balancing additional effort against incremental lift gained from work.
• Begin to make decisions independently in accordance with department practices.
• Provide direction and review others’ analytical work.
• Translate business requests into analytical solutions.
• Provide support as necessary for initiatives within Europe or across the Enterprise within the scope of influence.
• Communicates on a regular basis with staff, peers and business partners and on an occasional basis with senior leaders.
• Tailors communication of analysis, project results, and other business initiatives to audience.
• Communicates technical topics to non-technical audiences with limited guidance.
• Leads group discussions with primary working group.
• Creates formal written communication such as memos or presentations with limited guidance.
• Able to influence and collaborate with peers and partners to take actions to enhance business outcomes.
• Staff responsibilities are likely to include direct management of a small team of individual contributors.
• Acquisition, retention, and development of talent for assigned unit.
• Execute and communicate talent development processes, including performance and personal development goals.
• Succession planning and talent assessment recommendations.
• Performance management.
• Support staff engagement across Europe and Enterprise Initiatives.
• Mentor less experienced talent within Europe or across the Enterprise.
• Onboard new employees and interns in unit.
• Support various training and skill development initiatives across Segment, Europe and the Enterprise.
• May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent assessment efforts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What is a Must Have?
• Qualified Actuary
• Several years of industry experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Solid experience performing quantitative analysis required.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
• University degree in STEM related field.
• Associate Actuarial Credential preferred.
• Strong understanding of insurance products and industry.
• Demonstrated ability in actuarial and quantitative analysis and statistical concepts.
• Management experience.
• Excellent communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to present and translate complex information in relevant business terms.
• Strong PC skills (MS Office) and programming skills (eg. SQL, SAS).
• Begins to challenge conventional thinking.
• Takes ownership of projects related to strategic initiatives and makes recommendations to influence business outcomes.
• Proficient in Leading Self, exhibiting decisiveness and self-awareness while also effectively managing ambiguity.
• Initial development of Leading Others, including modeling the way for others and effectively leading team projects.
• Initial development of Leading the Business, including actively engaging in driving business results, broad thinking and promoting an Enterprise culture.
• Business Acumen:
• Has an in-depth understanding and knowledge of certain key business drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products, reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim, and financials.
• Able to effectively utilize this business knowledge in developing and implementing analytic solutions.
• Has a general perspective of the industry and developing trends, including: technology, analytic methodology, products, and performance of competitors.
• Is familiar with other key business drivers and disciplines.
• Relationship Management:
• Proactively build and own professional business relationships across the Enterprise.
• Generate and solicit ideas, and build consensus.
• Aware of potential conflict and address proactively.
• Acknowledge accomplishments of others within your primary working group.
• Set and manage expectations with business partners for large projects.
• Understand diverse perspectives to effectively accomplish business goals.
• Quantitative Analysis:
• Able to introduce innovative techniques to existing problems.
• Independently perform and implement complex analytics.
• Leads and actively engages in technical/peer reviews.
• May offer technical consultative feedback.
• Can assess various technical solutions to optimize analytical outcomes.
What Is in It for You?
• Private Medical Insurance: On commencement of employment, you are eligible for single cover provided by Travelers, with the option to add cover for your dependents, at your expense through payroll deduction.
• Retirement: Travelers will make a basic contribution of 9% of pensionable salary to your Group Personal Pension Plan (“GPPP”). If you decide to contribute an additional amount from your salary, you will receive an increased company contribution up to a maximum of 3%. This would bring the total company contribution to 12%.
• Holiday Entitlement: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 25 days holiday entitlement annually, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days to allow for up to a total of 35 holidays per year.
• Wellness Programme: The Travelers wellness programme is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Employee Assistance programme provides access to professional counseling services and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through the EAP, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
• Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards programme that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.