Arcadis Iași Romania
3 weeks ago
Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the worldâs most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
This role is part of Arcadisâ Global Excellence Centre (GEC) and will join our 3,000+ talented individuals working in India, Romania, and Philippines, in partnership with Arcadisâ offices globally. The GEC brings key capabilities and capacity to support our clients seamlessly around the world. For those in GEC there are options to be dedicated to one country; developing deep knowledge and strong relationships, as well as opportunities to be part of teams working truly globally as a centre of excellence, offering diversity and variety. Arcadians are by nature, globally... minded and culturally aware, and Arcadis strongly believes in flexibility which enables change over time as your career progresses. The GEC model is well embedded in Arcadis, and the strong relationships that exist between our global offices are truly unique.
You will join our Structural Engineering team in the Arcadis Iasi office, part of the Mobility GBA, where our projects and development opportunities can fit various ambitions from structural engineering, 3D modeling and parametric design to Operate & Maintain digital methods. The delivery is secured through global collaboration platforms like BIM360, which allows engineers across various offices to work together seamlessly while maintaining clear visibility for our clients.
Your role will include, but is not limited to:
• Performing calculations, analysis and providing recommendations and conclusions;
• Providing technical advice to project team members;
• Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies;
• Building and maintaining effective relationships with partners on projects;
• Liaising with the Line Manager to keep informed of all developments associated with the project;
• Maintaining a good understanding of the background of the Arcadis business areas to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry;
• Providing direction to the project team, leading by example to achieve goals and championing a quality, innovative, client-focused culture.
• Relevant Structural engineering degree
• Demonstrate an analytical mindset and a proactive attitude toward self-directed learning and professional development
• Experienced in reinforced concrete, reinforced and prestressed, steel and/or composite structural calculations and/or competent in plans detailing/bill of quantities
• Experienced and competent in finite element analysis and application
• Ability and interest in learning and developing new technologies and automation processes
• Analytical mindset and self-learning attitude
• Have a track record in designing specialized structural elements such as bridge decks, abutments, piles, or retaining walls
• Proficient in detailing software for reinforced concrete
• Ability to guide and check the work of other team members
• Display exceptional command of technical English terminology and communication skills.
Nice to have:
• Possess knowledge of geotechnical engineering principles, contributing to a holistic understanding of project requirements
• Piled foundations design and special foundation experience
• Hydrotechnical Structural design experience may be considered an advantage
• Demonstrate a knack for scripting and automation tools, streamlining and optimizing engineering workflows
• Fatigue design of various structural elements
• Good structural mechanics knowledge
• Competent in the use of routine engineering software and/or spreadsheets for foundation, retaining structures, special structures
• DIANA FEA or other 3D FEM software experience
• Multilingual proficiency in languages like French and German
• Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
• Great interpersonal skills (teamwork, supportive attitude, eagerness to learn, proactivity, assertive communication).
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. Itâs why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
Youâll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, youâll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
Join Arcadis. Create a legacy
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.