Democracy International Windhoek Namibia
3 weeks ago
Local Coordinator Democracy International (DI) is seeking to hire a Local Coordinator consultant to provide support its grantmaking, technical assistance, and in-kind support to local human rights organizations working with marginalized groups in Namibia. The Local Coordinator should be interested in working closely with human rights defenders and civil society groups in responding to the closing of civic space for marginalized groups. The Local Coordinator is expected to work closely with DI grantees while engaging with other actors to provide program and political context updates to DI and USAID. Interested consultants must have demonstrated experience coordinating project implementation, as well as close contacts. This will be a consultant position based in Windhoek, Namibia.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide program management expertise to the Project to ensure that the program runs efficiently and effectively.
• Engage with and support local human rights organizations in their... programming funded by DI, including supporting the development and collection of application and vetting materials, conducting oversight, attending activities (when relevant) and supporting reporting, and collecting experience in support of an end of project after-action review.
• Work with the program team to develop and monitor project work plans and deliverables, including regular activity update reports to USAID.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with program partners, stakeholders, and other relevant actors.
• Conduct routine political and human rights context analysis, including analyzing how these developments intersect with programming funded by the Project.
• Participate in update calls with USAID and others
• Consult with relevant stakeholders, including national institutions, civil society organizations, and other relevant bodies, to ensure coordination.
• Support travel of international consultants and/or DI HQ staff.
• Bi-weekly report on progress against planned activities, including changes to the operating context, challenges, successes, and next steps.
• Reports on periodic site visits and/or attendance at partner activities, when appropriate.
• Final report covering all activities implemented, including a narrative summary of advocacy work in support of marginalized groups in Namibia.
• Must be a Namibian citizen.
• Advanced university degree in Law, Human Rights, Political Science, International Relations, or a related field.
• Experience analyzing politics in Namibia and experience and trust with a wide range of civil society actors in the country, including those working on rights of marginalized groups
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in human rights, civic participation, democracy, governance, or related fields.
• Excellent strategic planning and project management skills.
• Fluency in English.
• This position reports to the Technical Director.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and CV. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. DI will only contact candidates of interest.
About the Organization:
DI provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 80+ countries.
DI welcomes and supports a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are committed to equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and for DI employees. DI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at DI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.