The Hong Kong Jockey Club Hong Kong Hong Kong
2 weeks ago
Our Catering Department manages one of the largest and most diverse catering operations in Hong Kong. We provide a wide range of catering, sports and recreation facilities for Members and their guests in three Clubhouses. In addition, both Happy Valley and Sha Tin Racecourses have numerous catering facilities used by Members, non-members and corporate organizations for a variety of functions.
• Oversee the management of daily Housekeeping operations by:
• Developing operating goals and KPIs ; setting service standards and compiling SOPs
• Planning, organizing and controlling the cleaning, hygiene and maintenance functions within the scope of Housekeeping throughout the Club houses . Ensure proper use of chemicals, tools and equipment that meets all health and safety-related regulations and the Club’s sanitation standards .
• Developing and updating all Job Descriptions in Housekeeping periodically; reviewing job arrangements to achieve the desired level of... productivity as required.
• Formulating shift patterns to ensure availability of adequate staffing at optimized costs at all times.
• Maintaining effective communication within Housekeeping and with other departments to achieve maximum collaboration.
• Representing the Housekeeping in all meetings.
• Ensuring that all areas throughout the Clubhouses within the scope of Housekeeping are inspected daily and that all regulations and standards are met.
• Monitoring waste management ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and the Club’s standards.
• Supporting the Club by promoting the environmental, sustainability, safety and health programmes.
• Monitor the management of Housekeeping equipment, resources and assets ensuring that they are well maintained at all times while adhering to the budgeted expenses through:
• Developing and implementing operating equipment and hygiene assurance programmes.
• Developing and ensuring implementation of effective cleaning programmes for the areas concerned.
• Ensuring that proper par stocks for cleaning supplies and F&B operational equipment are maintained.
• Ensuring that all Housekeeping equipment and supplies are reviewed and re-evaluated periodically, appropriate products are selected based on comparison of quality, price, etc., purchase plans are handled as per budget provisions, goods are delivered and payment is made as scheduled.
• Monitoring physical inventories for operating equipment conducted as planned.
• Manage the team by:
• Reviewing staffing requirements and initiating staff recruitment as required.
• Overseeing staff hiring, induction, on-the-job training and coaching and ensuring that staff’s grooming and conduct standards are maintained, and training on health, safety and other work-related topics is conducted on a continual basis with records.
• Creating a positive team atmosphere among team members.
• Ensuring that staff are deployed, managed, appraised, rewarded, counselled or disciplined as appropriate, and that they are motivated to achieve a higher level of performance on a continual basis.
• Giving guidance and support to staff for their professional development and advancement.
• Ensuring that meetings and briefings with team members are conduced regularly and that they know and adhere to established codes of practices and management’s expectations.
• Ensuring that “open door” communication is maintained with team members and other departments.
• Manage the financial aspect of the operation by :
• Planning and monitor ing the budget and operating costs of the department including manpower and operational expenditures.
• Consolidating annual recommendation for capital expenditure with justifications.
• Administering daily financial matters including approving and submitting to Finance Department all invoices for goods and services received, submitting monthly expense reports and production reports as required, preparing and releasing loss and breakage record monthly, etc.
• Analyzing expenditure v ersus budget variances; ensuing that cost saving measures are taken such as controlling labour, operating and equipment costs a s required .
• Oversee daily administrative functions by:
• Ensuring that all security policies and procedures are observed in the department.
• Maintaining contact with trade associations and professional organizations.
• Monitoring p est control services and tackl ing concerned issues.
• Ensuring that the department adheres to the contingency and disaster plans.
• Implementing departmental key control as per the Club’s requirement.
• A university degree or higher diploma in Hospitality Management from a leading hospitality institution.
• A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Housekeeping gained from prestigious clubhouses or hotels.
• International hospitality experience is preferred.
• Excellent people management skills
• Good communication skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Good knowledge of HACCP, cleaning equipment and chemicals application
• Hands-on experience of MS Office applications
• Fluency in Cantonese and English
• Proficiency in Mandarin is an advantage
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club's notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.