American International University, Kuwait
American International University, Kuwait Bengaluru Karnataka India
3 weeks ago
American International University - Kuwait City
Classification: Institutional Support
Reports to: IT Director
Job Purpose: To maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. Have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. System Administrator’s goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the AIU Servers & computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
• Monitoring and Administration of Dell VxRail Hyper converged AIU Infrastructure
• Administration of Azure cloud infrastructure... and performance enhancements
• Effective management and administration off Linux based systems such as AIU Library system.
• Test Center, Students Center VDI systems Management and administration
• Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
• Manage and support the day-to-day administrative tasks of Banner system and oracle appliance.
• Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, IDPA and other components.
• Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources and patch management.
• Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
• Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
• Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
• Manages the AIU data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and other systems
• Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
• Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
• Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
• Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Bachelor's degree BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is a plus.
• You must have a travel-ready passport with a validity of 2 years.
• You must be willing to travel to Kuwait as an unaccompanied candidate (unaccompanied of spouses, children and pets).
• You must be willing and able to relocate to Kuwait.
About American International University: www.aiu.edu.kw
Bengaluru Karnataka India
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.