LV= United Kingdom United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
About the role
LVFS are looking for an experienced Adviser to develop new and existing business for LV=FAS by providing professional financial advice on retirement selected from the whole of the market and investment products selected from LV= and a panel of carefully selected companies & fund houses. The role will be retirement focused with development into advising on members of Defined Benefit Pension Schemes / Safeguarded Benefits.
Please note that as this role is certified, you will be added to the SMCR register if successful.
We offer Hybrid working solutions, but would like you in the offices at least a couple days per week. (Happy to discuss at interview).
As part of this role, you’ll develop your skills and competency to advise on Defined Benefit Pension Schemes
Our ideal candidate will…
• Demonstrable experience as a Financial Advisor, ideally in Retirement Planning or similar (desirable)
• Understand some Safeguarded Benefits and technical provisions of a DB... Pension including Revaluation, Escalation and how to calculate Commutation Factors
• Be or be working towards becoming a Chartered Financial Adviser
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate complex financial terms to clients
• Possess good numeracy and IT skills
• Demonstrate strong sales and negotiation skills
• Excellent time-management skills, and be self-motivated and organised
• A diploma in Financial Planning or diploma in regulated financial planning
• Have an AF3, AF7, G60 or Equivalent exam qualification and relevant CPD records
• Previous sales experience in a regulated advice role, experience in pension funding and pension switching, plus knowledge of investments, annuities, flexible and capped drawdown, fixed term annuities and enhanced annuities (desirable
• To take responsibility for the achievement of individual activity and financial contribution objectives towards the delivery of the RAS plan. In addition, contribute ideas and initiatives to the FAS business to increase gross income/profitability
• Responsibility for achieving behavioural standards as set out in the LVFAS Balance Scorecard
• Providing detailed advice on savings, retirement, and investment products, focusing on clients with both Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit pension schemes with Defined Benefit work.
• Promote, as appropriate, the ongoing advice service and conduct when required the reviews within the agreed time frame
• Complete fact finds, formulate need and objective based advice and prepare suitability reports
• To self-generate leads and business by reviewing existing LV= customers and promoting the LVFAS Friends and Family referral scheme
• To handle pre-qualified inbound call opportunities for savings, investments and retirement products
• Reviewing and analysing TVC reports and APTA documents, and putting together detailed cash flow models for clients
• Consistently meeting required standards defined by the LV= Risk Management function and external regulatory bodies
• Maintaining and developing your skills and knowledge of financial services, ensuring the changing needs of members are met
• Maintaining key competencies within the roleEnsuring that your overall knowledge is kept up to date by completing a minimum of 50 hours of CPD each year, with 15 hours to be focused on Pension Transfers, while holding a valid statement of Professional Standing
• Demonstrating the ability to analyse MI, and using this to improve performance and conversion
• Where necessary, supporting the Retirement Options Specialists and Retirement Admin Support Team, to ensure a positive customer journey from application to completion
• Liaising with other stakeholders within LV= to ensure RAS are delivering up to date advice
• Reviewing processes where appropriate following FCA guidance or policy statements.
Why Work for Us?
Here at LV= Life and Pensions we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application - if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Go on, bring your true self to LV=.
Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.
Reward and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
At LV= Life and Pensions, you’ll go above and beyond to do the right thing for our customers and we’ll reward you with an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package in exchange for your hard work.
• 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
• A competitive pension for which LV= Life and Pensions will double match the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
• An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
• Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
• Flexible benefits - Cycle to work scheme/Health Assessment/Personal Accident Insurance/Critical Illness/Dental Insurance
• You’ll receive up to 20% discount on our life products for you and your immediate family.
• Group Life Assurance 4 x basic pay to your dependants, You’ll have the option to increase to x 8 times cover
• Group Income Protection, if a member of the Pension scheme and reached 5 years’ service
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) service for support through difficult times in your life
• Virtual GP service
• Shared parental leave
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.