MacKillop Family Services Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
3 weeks ago
About the role:
• Assist young people to develop living and life skills.
• Role model and reinforce positive behavior through social learning, social responsibility, and emotional intelligence.
• Promote democracy and support young people to engage in a participatory environment where they can have a say in and influence the decisions that affect their lives.
• Provide support to children and young people living in the accommodation service including undertaking household duties such as cleaning, shopping and meal preparation as required.
• Participate in team environment, and house meetings to ensure that young people receive services that meet their needs.
• Safeguard the wellbeing of young people and report any concerns immediately.
The ITC system will:
• Provide Therapeutic Care
• Have a strong focus on recovery from trauma.
• Provide an alternative to long term residential care.
• Do more to protect and keep children and young people safe.
• Provide clear pathways to less... intensive service types and permanency.
• Provide a broader range of placement options for children and young people to achieve outcomes around mental health, physical health and education.
• Provide trauma-informed services that achieve positive outcomes for young people and their families.
• Provide young people with safety, stability, predictability and consistency by implementing the house guidelines and supporting the implementation of individual strategies and case plans.
• Participate in team meetings, house meetings and case review meetings to ensure that young people receive services that meet their needs.
Key selection criteria:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Minimum qualification requirements for this position is a Diploma of Youth Work, Community Services or equivalent.
• Aboriginal staff - a qualification is desirable but experience and willingness; to participate in training is essential.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in youth services, residential care or supported accommodation.
• Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and an awareness of the current issues faced by Aboriginal children, young people and their families.
• Demonstrated experience working therapeutically with children and young people who have experience significant challenges and trauma.
You must have or willing to obtain:
• Valid and current Driver’s Licence;
• Satisfactory Criminal History Check.
• Valid Working with Children Check.
• Valid and current NDIS Workers Screening Check
• A great opportunity to join a leading provider of community and family services. Succession Plan for career growth.
• Hourly Rate based on SCHADS Award 3.1-3.4 dependent on qualification and experience
• Salary packaging – we can help you to maximise your salary packaging up to $18,550 per year, which allows you to reduce the amount of tax you pay
• Professional Development- we promote ongoing learning and development and provide study leave, and an enormous amount of training and development within our inhouse learning team.
• Training- Industry-specific training paid by MacKillop including Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), Sanctuary and Cultural Awareness training
• Employee Assistance Program- Free access to a wide range of options with all aspects of life such as social, financial, physical, mental health by providing counselling and coaching supporting relating both to your circumstance, even including health advise from qualified nutritionists
• Sanctuary- MacKillop’s work is underpinned by the Sanctuary Model, an evidence-supported, whole-of-organisation framework that brings our values to life. The model reinforces our ability to create a safe environment that teaches people to cope effectively with stress and trauma, and to heal.
• Click HERE to find out more about becoming a member of the MacKillop Family Services team and what further support we have to offer our employees.
How to Apply:
Click Apply Now where you will be redirected to sign into our recruitment portal. If this is your first time applying for a job with MacKillop, you will need to register for an account. For a step-by-step guide, please download the guide here: https://www.mackillop.org.au/uploads/Careers/Recruitment-Portal-How-to-Guide.pdf
For a full listing please view position description.
For more information, please contact:
Anita Woods at [email protected]
It is our goal that MacKillop Family Services continues to evolve as a culturally safe, culturally competent, and welcoming organization to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, and communities.
Shortlisting for this position may commence immediately so please submit your application as soon as possible.
Please make sure you address the selection criteria as outlined in the PD as part of your application
Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.