City Of Playford Nicholson NT Australia
3 weeks ago
Senior Manager - Information, Technology & Governance
Management (Information & Communication Technology)
Government - Local (Government & Defence)
• Do you have a strong ICT background and are looking for some extra challenge?
• Do you value working collaboratively to deliver cross functional and whole of organisation projects?
• Would you like to work in an environment where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to the workplace and be responsible for the decisions you make?
This is your opportunity to lead our Governance, Information and Technology Department. As the Senior Manager you are responsible for adding value to our present ways of working, through the creation of frameworks and systems to support the delivery of ICT and Governance services that align to strategy and expectations of the community, whilst also considering the future ways of working.
Your work will include :
• Ensuring the construction, connection and fine tuning of systems, making the most of the... available resources and implementing tactical strategies and plans, to deliver high quality community outcomes in both the short and long term.
• Researching and testing new services / products as a way of growing the existing service offering and meeting customer need.
• Managing effective and collaborative relationships with external service providers to ensure the optimal delivery of technology solutions that are fit for purpose.
• Balancing a wholistic approach to technology solutions that include infrastructure, software, communications and cyber security.
• Giving consideration to continuous improvement, risk management, resource management, change management, project management, contingency planning and effective collaboration, particularly as the departmental systems and processes relate to whole of organisation systems and processes.
• The position builds and leads effective and efficient teams that work together to deliver great outcomes. Working with the Managers of the four portfolios;
IT Service Delivery, IT Service Solutions, Information Management and Governance, the position ensures the successful implementation and maintenance of systems whilst ensuring work is delivered within budget.
This opportunity has arisen as a result of career progression within the City of Playford.
Incumbents in this position are required to possess a National Criminal History Clearance.
People are at the heart of everything you do - your team, your internal and external customers and your community. You are passionate about contributing to an organisation which provides information, services and infrastructure that supports a growing and thriving Playford community.
You are an experienced leader and can create conditions that give the best chance for people to bring their true selves to work.
You have demonstrated ability to build and lead a team, develop positive working relationships and work together to deliver successful outcomes.
You enjoy developing new ways of doing things to enable your organisation to meet opportunities in a sustainable way, through budget management and making service performance improvements to achieve positive outcomes for customers.
Building and maintaining successful relationships is important to you for the effective progression of key strategic objectives.
You possess strong experience in business partnering with the ability to formulate effective, pragmatic ICT solutions to meet business requirements.
Not only do you have a high level of professional and technical expertise of information technology and change management at a senior level, but you are also looking to expand your skill set, have a strong sense of community and an interest in how the wheels of local government work.
As one of the fastest growing council areas in South Australia, the City of Playford is focused on building sustainable foundations and places the community at the heart of everything we do.
With our urban centre as the CBD of Northern Adelaide, our city is enriched by growing and diverse communities in new and established suburbs, rural and hills townships and horticultural lands.
The work that we do and the decisions that we make are in the best interests of the whole and contribute to a sustainable organisational future.
Modelling open decision making, we provide a supportive and collaborative environment where employees feel engaged and connected to the work of the organisation, to each other, and the community.
The Playford Employee Experience...
It's important to us that you are the right fit to join our team, but it's just as important that Playford is the right place for you.
Our team work hard together, but also celebrate together, learn together and support each other. We have a commitment to work / life balance through flexible working conditions and we remain focused on providing a high level of service and positive experience for our customers and stakeholders.
You will also get access to employee benefits, some of them are :
• Excellent leave entitlements;
• Attractive salary and benefits including salary packaging, income protection, free onsite parking and a strong health & wellbeing focus including corporate discount on health cover and gym memberships & free employee assistance program;
• Ongoing professional development supported by study assistance and secondment opportunities.
If you hold an interest in the position and would like further information, please contact Elena Casciano on .
How to apply...
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
Applications close at 12 : 00pm noon on Monday 18 September 2023.
The City of Playford values diversity and work life balance. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to support you in submitting your application including alternative vacancy formats and application options, please refer to the Manager's contact details above.
Any information provided will be kept confidential and will only be used to support your access to fully participate in the recruitment process.
Find out the average salary for an Information Technology Manager acrossAustralia
Nicholson NT Australia
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.