Luke International (LIN) Lilongwe Malawi
2 weeks ago
Luke International (LIN) is an independent non-governmental organisation working with the Government of the Republic of Malawi (GoM) on HIV and AIDS, TB and related health issues in the health sector to improve health information systems since 2009. LIN’s mission is to promote activities that increase local human capacity and technical competence for providing HIV and AIDS care and support and advocate for people to attain universal health coverage goals in Malawi. LIN collaborates with the Ministry of Health, implementing partners, academic institutions, hospitals, community-based organisations and international/domestic partners to provide ongoing technical assistance and implement digital health and information technology programs.
LIN is currently working with the Digital Health Division (DHD) of the Ministry of Health and Cooper/Smith (C/S) as the local Implementing Partner to promote the country’s digital health developments and goals.
The Digital Health Division is the... custodian to accommodate the needed personnel, and LIN is responsible for the human resource management and development.
Applications are therefore invited from eligible and qualified individuals to fill the following position to support Digital Health Division.
Position Title : Product Owner (Quote Ref #:PO1)
Job Location : Digital Health Division, Lilongwe
Reports to : Head of Product Development and Sustainability
Duration : One-Year Contract with possibility of an extension
Overview of the Position
This position offers a unique opportunity to develop and apply cutting-edge knowledge and passion for Digital Health that will transform the Ministry of Health (MOH) and Malawi at large. This position is tenable at the Digital Health Division (DHD) within the MOH. At Digital Health Division, we operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and with bias towards action. We value client outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems. We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures. We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops, and meetups.
The Product Owner will manage all phases of the Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC), for all digital health products, starting from establishing a business need and developing a business case for digital health intervention, to completion of pilot testing and evaluation, finally packaging the product in preparation for wider deployment. The Product Owner will collaborate closely with the Head of Software Development and Sustainability to ensure that systems development and implementation standards are followed. The Product Owner will also ensure that digital health interventions support public health needs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Lead in understanding and documenting the business need for the proposed digital health products.
• Conceptualize digital health interventions in line with the principles of the fundamental theorem of medical informatics to address the business need.
• Work closely with the Knowledge Translation Team to ensure digital health interventions respond to data use requirements.
• Lead in developing business cases for the proposed digital health interventions using user-centered design approaches.
• Determine the scope of present and future products by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product packaging changes.
• Lead in developing requirements in line with the principles of contextual inquiry or other user-centered design approaches.
• Define resource requirements by scheduling, assigning product teams, and following up on work outputs.
• Coordinate with the software development team and all the relevant departments in building and testing the informatics intervention.
• Plan and conduct system testing sessions with users and stakeholders.
• Develop the frameworks for the pilot implementation of digital health interventions.
• Monitor product performance continuously during pilot implementation in collaboration with the Department of HIV & AIDS (DHA) to inform system usage and identify improvements.
• Collaborate with the DHA Monitoring and Evaluation team in developing a framework for baseline and post-implementation review and impact evaluation for each project to inform roll-out strategies
• Track all projects in development in line with the different stages of the development lifecycle.
• Conduct regular meetings with the Deployment and Support Officers to 1) disseminate updates on products, 2) identify synergies between products and, 3) discuss potential new products.
• Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product(s) and are designing appropriate features for the end users.
• Proficiency in project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, etc.) and tools (e.g., Asana, Jira etc.)
• Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Perform periodic reviews of products that have been deployed in the field to ensure that they continue to satisfy user requirements and that the users are compliant with set operating standards.
• Lead the setup and management of MOH’s SMS gateways with TNM and Airtel.
• Monitor and maintain the USSD service discovery platform for digital health products.
• Monitor and administer the servers where the digital health products are deployed.
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics, or related field.
• A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years of work experience in IT project management in the health domain.
• 2 years in a leadership position with demonstrated experience in administration and financial planning.
• Demonstrated knowledge in digital health and experience in product designing.
Skills and Competencies
• Demonstrated knowledge of contextual inquiry or user-centered design.
• Knowledge in agile software development processes.
• Experience in implementing and evaluating digital health solutions.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Mature, well-organized, and able to work under time pressure.
• Demonstrable excellent interpersonal skills working with colleagues and supporting clients.
• Demonstrable excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Good coordination and communication skills.
• Willingness to work long hours to achieve results.
• Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chichewa.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send or email their applications with cover letter, up-dated detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), names, addresses and telephone numbers of three
traceable referees and copies of relevant certificates to the following address:-
P O Box 1088
Please clearly quote the name of the position and reference number on the application letter and outside of the envelope. Application without the above-mentioned supporting documents will be rejected. The deadline
for applications is 5:00pm on Tuesday, 12th September 2023. Only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Luke International – To Restore Human Health and Dignity
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.