Aimbridge Hospitality Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
3 weeks ago
The Lead Maintenance Engineer is responsible for assisting with the operation maintenance service and repair of equipment as assigned. Directs and supervises the Maintenance staff as requested by Property Engineer and/or General Manager. Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the maintenance department and overseeing the successful completion of maintenance and daily assigned tasks. He/she is also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program handling guest requests and other work orders as assigned. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs such as carpentry painting plumbing etc. May require driving shuttle van when needed (property specific)
• Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Licensed in a trade preferred (plumbing electrical HVAC carpentry etc.).
• Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable... state.
• Must have an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving Record) property specific
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
• Must be able to work unsupervised.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
• Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
• Train and supervise maintenance Engineering staff and coordinate all scheduling.
• Provide direction the Engineering department as requested by General Manager and/or Property Chief Eng.
• Ensure that all Engineering personnel fulfill their job functions appropriately.
• Follow all hotel and departmental procedures and policies.
• Report emergencies and unusual situations immediately.
• Handle guest room maintenance requests in a timely fashion.
• Demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and helpfulness at all times.
• Assist with the operation maintenance and repair of equipment.
• Employees must at all times be friendly courteous and helpful to guests employees and managers.
• Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest rooms to include: vinyl repair touch up paint minor furniture repair tub caulking tile repairs etc.
• Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines refrigerators kitchen equipment laundry equipment HVAC guestrooms meeting rooms the swimming pool and hot tub.
• Perform plumbing repair laundry equipment repair preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
• Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause - determine emergency status and report to the Front Desk with findings.
• Point out and assist with eliminating safety concerns.
• Assist in maintenance of health code requirements for pool and spa as applicable.
• Do periodic property tours of garden and exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal; Check the lighting and irrigation periodically.
• Complete all appropriate Engineering forms.
• Assist with the set up of special meeting needs.
• Complete assigned maintenance request forms daily.
• Use proper two way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
• Perform any other duties as requested by management.
A brilliant beacon of the U.S. Virgin Islands, the all-new Frenchman’s Reef has been reimagined with an elevated sense of style inspired by our islands offering two world-class resorts with a total of nearly 500 rooms, 85,000 sq. ft. of events and meeting space, 9 inspired dining options, Heavenly Spa by the Westin, 4 ocean view pools, the Westin Family Kids Club, and various island excursions. These amenities are sure to enchant adventures and leisure-seekers alike. The Westin Beach Resort & Spa and the Morningstar Buoy Haus Beach Resort, an Autograph Collection Hotel are the epitome of an island escape where, we guide our guests to a refreshing state of tropical chill; immersing them in modern comfort and the relaxing rhythm of life on the beach.
As Frenchman’s Reef completes the nearly $500M renovation, we are looking for experienced associates to join the team. Relocation assistance may be considered for leadership roles and there are many amazing benefits including discounts on hotel rooms around the world at all Marriott and/or Aimbridge properties as well as insurance, PTO, 401K and more. Apply today to take the next step in your career!
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
• Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
• Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401k Retirement Plan
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.