Porsche Penske Motorsport Mannheim Germany
3 weeks ago
The Performance Engineer directly contributes to the performance of the race car by working with the race engineers as well as independently to identify, test, organize, analyze, validate and communicate areas of improvement and ways in which the improvements can be realized. Using data, research, internal and external resources as well as other staff, the performance engineer will develop items and help to understand and optimize configurations that will aid in the performance of the race car. The qualified person will be organized, self-motivated, and able to work with minimum supervision and under extreme pressure to make quick, calculated decisions. A strong inter-personal and communication skillset is required along with an exceptional team mentality.
Role and Responsibilities
• Data Analysis
• Use Data Software to collect, analyze, visualize, and share time series data from multiple sources.
• Proficiency in MATLAB and Python programing for analysis.
• Use other software... packages such as Power BI to analyze, predict and simulate potential gains.
• Vehicle Virtual Simulation Modeling
• Understand and work with Simulation to validate and confirm potential gains in performance from development areas.
• Knowledge of Dymola and MATLAB preferred.
• Vehicle Dynamics
• Contribute and assist to organize 7post testing with the damper group.
• Interpret and develop suspension systems.
• Model and modify parameters to improve performance.
• Understand, interpret and report aerodynamic information developed for open wheel ground effect race cars by using diablo and PI data systems.
• Implement aerodynamic testing principles in testing, simulation and race events.
• Organize, prepare, and coordinate WT testing.
• Understand and perform Computational Fluid Dynamics to generate results to aid in aerodynamic development.
• Validate testing results with testing data.
• Create reports to disseminate results.
• Perform repeatable tests.
• Develop high confidence results based on test plans developed specific to a particular goal.
• Follow through on designs to assure high confidence for reliable.
• Engineering Development / Design
• Apply strong understanding of material properties.
• Review and design parts specific to racing vehicles.
• Interact with production and machine shop departments to ensure parts are constructed as designed and specific race car parameters.
• Quality Control
• Use all measuring tools to validate race car parts meet specific levels for specific performance parameters.
• Drivetrain and Systems
• Test and quantify changes in drivetrain using dynamometers.
• Attend all tests and race events as needed to understand performance and follow up on new items.
• Attend all wind tunnel tests.
• Attend all rig tests.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• At least 6 years of experience in an engineer role, specifically:
• Expert level data analysis – 6 years’ experience with multiple data software.
• Expert in vehicle dynamics – 4 years’ experience working with suspension systems.
• Wind Tunnel Testing.
• Engineering Design – 2+ years’ experience with CAD software.
• Proficient in computer software (Microsoft Suite
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.