New Haden Pumps Ltd United Kingdom United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
For over 50 years New Haden Pumps Ltd (NHP) has earned and maintained an enviable reputation in Engineering and Manufacturing of packaged pump stations and associated equipment.
Offering UK and German manufactured equipment, we have established ourselves as one of the leading pump manufacturers, installers and service providers in this country.
NHP’s head office and manufacturing facility is based in the Staffordshire, however we have a nationwide coverage with a large amount of work being in Central London and the surrounding Home Counties.
Our key area of expertise is to offer tailor made systems and packages to suit all applications pertaining to the building services, civil / structural and water industries. This enables us to offer efficient and trouble free drainage and sewage solutions to aid the consultant in his design.
Due to the organic growth the company are looking to expand and add key staff to the sales team.
External Technical Sales Engineer... – Staffordshire or Essex
Salary is competitive and will be dependent on experience
We are seeking a reliable, enthusiastic and flexible external technical sales engineer to join our team.
Working out of either our:
· Head office in Cheadle, Staffordshire but covering the midlands, north and west parts of the UK.
· Southern Office in Chelmsford, Essex but covering the midlands, southern parts of England including central London.
You will have previous experience working within the water / construction / building services industry.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
· Make new customers, contacts and building own client base
· See existing clients in designated area
· Process quotations in line with customer requirements.
· To support the internal and external sales force.
· To adhere to discounting policy and limits.
· To achieve agreed on time, accuracy and service level targets.
· To follow Quality System documentation.
· Promote NHP as a business and explain products / services that we offer.
· Cold call new customers to make initial contact and try and arrange meetings
· Visit new and existing clients at their offices or site
· Process quotations in line with Customer requirements on in-house computer system.
· Provide a professional and timely telephone response to any customer query relating to quotations or new enquiries.
· To follow up quotations with a phone call to the Customer and to resolve any questions on price, delivery or technical specification.
· Develop a working relationship with internal/external sales team to ensure quotation enquiries are handled in a prompt and efficient manner.
· Flexibility and team working.
· Use initiative to create opportunities for improvement.
· To follow standard process instructions.
· To continually develop product and technical knowledge
· Ability to work with the minimum of supervision
· Ability to read mechanical drawings and technical specifications
· Able to absorb and understand technical information
· Dealing with multiple tasks simultaneously
· Numerically accurate
· Computer literate - MS Office package including Excel
· Communication skills - written, telephone, interpersonal
· Positive attitude
· Team worker
· Record keeping
· Time keeping
· Awareness of time management constraints
· Sales experience – both face to face, over the phone and emails
· Estimator skills
· Knowledge of engineering, Construction, Design or similar sector
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
• Company pension
• Health & wellbeing programme
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Private dental insurance
• Private medical insurance
• Monday to Friday
• GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
• Technical sales: 2 years (preferred)
• Estimating: 2 years (preferred)
• Engineering / construction industry: 2 years (preferred)
• English (required)
Willingness to travel:
• 75% (preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Reference ID: NHP External Technical Sales Engineer
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.