Flynn Richmond Canada
3 weeks ago
Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building's outer layer, including Roofing, Glazing, Waterproofing, and Architectural Metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team.
At Flynn, it's not just a job, it's a career
Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies· Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment· Use your innovation and creativity daily· Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities· Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally· Excellent benefits which include: Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching,· On-site fitness facilities Objective: This full-time position will be based out of our Vancouver location and will report to the Plant Manager. Using Flynn's Safety and Quality focused culture, the Glazing Production Manager will manage the... Glazing Shop and oversee the manufacturing operations of the Unitized Curtainwall and Speedwall product lines. In this highly visible role, the manager must display knowledge in product costing, estimating labour, order processing, production control and scheduling in the performance of his/her daily functions.
• A Day In The Life
• Lead by example and promote a safe and respectful work environment.
• Ensure the timely completion and delivery of quality products.
• Manage orders by working with Project Managers (PMs) and clients to schedule shop production and establish lead times.
• Review drawings, process sheets, shop orders, budgets and schedules to ensure production and delivery targets are met.
• Support estimators by providing knowledge of manufacturing techniques for allowances in bids, including providing labour budgets when requested.
• Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training and development of the workforce at Shop level and enforce disciplinary actions up to and including terminations when necessary.
• Work collaboratively with other managers in the Manufacturing Operations including the Metals Production Manager, Logistics and Inventory Manager, and the QA/QC Manager
• Liaise with Foreman, Project Management, Engineering and other departments, to ensure coordination of tasks/activities - scheduling, capacity planning, and long-term planning.
• Assist in Vendor sourcing and negotiations for pricing of raw materials, sub-assemblies, and finished products.
• What We Offer
• Competitive wages and benefits
• RRSP Matching
• Great environment where our motto is "Flynn Family Winning Together"
• On-going career development programs through our in-house Flynn University and eLearning courses
• On-site fitness facility
• What We Are Seeking
• 5+ years in a Management Role within the Glazing Construction/and or Manufacturing setting
• Previous experience in Architectural Glazing operations is a big advantage.
• Previous experience related to architectural products, exterior façade panels systems or Rainscreen panels would be considered an asset.
• Lean Manufacturing and Lean Thinking knowledge and training
• Understanding of the estimating tools and techniques
• Strong leadership and management skills, with experience working in a fast-paced numbers and deadline driven high energy environment.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Well versed in various applications such Excel, MS Word, and other.
• Autocad and drafting knowledge and experience is very helpful.
• Position Summary
• Location: Vancouver, BC
• Employment Type: Office, Salaried, Full-time
• Job Functions: Manager Office Salaried
• Industry: Building Envelope
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.