Staples Canada Mississauga Canada
4 weeks ago
Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable, and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn, and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do:
Our Canadian Facility and Supply Chain network brings technology and people together in innovative ways to deliver... state-of-the-art products, services, and expertise. Our extensive portfolio of opportunities spans from traditional inventory, fulfilment, and delivery to specialized strategy, automation, engineering, analytics, leadership, and logistics. Our diverse network paired with a continued commitment to and investment in our people, process, platforms, and the communities in we live and serve are the foundation on which we build our bright future. As the Sr. Safety Manager, the primary role will be to ensure the health and safety of our staff and vendors across the distribution and logistics locations across the Canadian network.
Specifically, You Will:
• Develop, directs, implements, and manages the execution of the Safety Programs across all departments of the Canadian organization for Staples Professional and Staples Digital. This includes and is not limited to warehouse and delivery environments where potentially hazardous conditions can arise.
• Accountable to develop and maintain a short and long term strategic plan for H&S by engaging stakeholders of the company for input and feedback and submit for Director approval.
• Works closely with internal departments; the Disability Management team, Human Resources, Asset Protection and local leadership to analyze incident & injury data, develop strategies to address root causes of incidents
• prepare monthly statistical reports to ensure the effective execution of required safety programs, policies and initiatives
• As the subject matter expert, responsible for researching regulatory requirements established by the various legislative bodies and developing compliance solutions through a combination of applications including data analysis, audits, and associate education & training programs.
• Ensures compliance to safety training as required by the Ministry of Labour and other provincial agencies across Canada.
• Works with provincial inspectors for inspections, work refusals, complaints and orders.
• Works with cross functional groups across multiple levels and departments to ensure seamless, integrated regulatory solutions for safety, health and environmental issues.
Manages the execution of the Staples Fleet Safety program for multiple regions through the ensuring operations execution of driver training, vehicle inspections, facility and truck audits
• Supports the safety committees across the network with training and educational needs and ensuring that legislative requirements and Staples poles are met. Works with provincial Inspectors for inspections, work refusals, complaints, and orders.
• Manage provincial excellence program such as COR, Safety groups/excellence program.
• Maintain knowledge of all applicable current and proposed legislative requirements including federal and provincial legislation and trends in occupational health and safety. Educate appropriate stakeholders on these issues.
• Ensure effective, consistent implementation of Health and Safety policies and programs by influencing leadership teams and other stakeholders. Act as the conduit for guidance and advice
• Acting as a content specialist, assist with the development and update training programs related to Health and Safety.
• Prepare and manage the Health and Safety budget for the business and ensure that projects and expenses work within it
Some of what you need:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in the health and safety industry in Environmental or Industrial Health required.
• Certified Registered Safety Professional designation (CSRP) is an asset
• 5-7 years of experience in Health and Safety management
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in hazardous material handling required.
• Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills. Provincial and Federal Occupational health and safety act, TDG and regulations Strong understanding of provincial safety programs
• Ability to effectively lead others and work with little or no supervision to execute.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities Ability to understand and negotiate contracts with vendors. Knowledge in workers' compensation laws Strong leadership skills Staples is committed to providing accommodation.
• Proven track record in designing and delivering multi site, national Health and Safety Programs.
• Office and warehouse environment
Some travel required within Canada
Some of what you will get
• Associate discount
• Health and Dental benefits
• Performance bonuses
• Learning & Development programs
• And more...
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.