ATKINS Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia
1 month ago
SNC Lavalin's Program Advisory Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
HSE Officer_ Saudi National Only
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment Atkins is committed to design... excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
We require a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to implement, review and report on all aspects of the health, safety and environmental (HSE) management systems. To ensure HSE by all employed on the project (mainly Contractors & Subcontractors) are adhered to in accordance with the contract documents, relevant international standards and local/federal authorities' requirements.
• Adhere to and implement Atkins internal HSE management system requirements and procedures for Atkins site team.
• Adhere to project HSE requirements and implement this to Atkins team.
• Monitor the compliance of all WSA staff with the applicable safety standards and company's procedures and bring to the attention of the Project Manager any safety violations by WSA site team for their further action.
• Monitor, assess and report on Contractor and Sub Contractors HSE compliance with the project HSE requirements as per the Contract and HSE legislation / best practice
• Immediately bring to the attention of the Atkins PM the critical and outstanding safety issues for their further actions.
• Conduct and co-ordinate regular safety training for WSA staff.
• Carry out daily site HSE tours with Contractor HSE staff and highlight findings.
• Issue Safety Enforcement Notices (SEN) as per applicable Atkins SEN procedure.
• Follow up with the Contractor on outstanding HSE issues, including SEN's and ensuring prompt closure with adequate evidence of compliance.
• Review and comment of the Contractors HSE Plans.
• Advise the Contractor to update the site safety plan when necessary.
• Review and comment on Contractors risk assessments and work method statements.
• Develop and update Atkins HSE documents (the Safety File), e.g. HSE Plan, HSE specific site risk assessment, office risk assessment, office fire risk assessment, etc.
• Conduct accident and incident investigations for Atkins staff.
• Compile accident report and incident statistics.
• Chair weekly safety meetings where required with the Contractor and other parties as necessary.
• Issue MOM on time (within 48 hours).
• Report any outstanding and critical safety issues or lack of action by the Contractor in the weekly progress meetings.
• Prepare and maintain Atkins HSE registers, e.g. training, induction, SEN, inspection reports, accident/Incident, and others as required.
• Report any accident on site immediately to Atkins UAE Health and Safety Manager and Line Manager.
• Communicate, coordinate and seek any advice from Atkins UAE Health and Safety Manager as required.
• On major issues, prior to issuing Safety Enforcement Notices – Prohibition Notice – seek advice from Atkins UAE Health and Safety Manager.
• Monitor the Contractor's compliance with UAE Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) legislation and Contractors HSE Plan and report and follow up any breaches.
• Liaise with the Employer, Contractors and the Site Supervision Team and report status of safety issues.
• Liaise with contractors' Project Managers, Construction Managers and Safety Managers to improve safety provisions.
• Prepare regular weekly, monthly and other reports as required on safety matters for issue to the Employer and Project Manager.
• Ensure that relevant safety measures have been put in place for Atkins Engineers & Inspectors and provide training as and when require.
• Co-ordinate safety-related activities for Atkins team and mentor regularly.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• 26 working days annual leave (6 day work week)
• Medical and life insurance cover.
• Company gratuity scheme.
• Discretionary bonus scheme.
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
• Carry out inductions for Atkins site staff.
• General HSSE advice as required
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.