Fraser Health Authority Surrey Canada
1 month ago
The salary range for this position is CAD $33.66 - $48.38 / hour
Why Fraser Health?
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We have an exciting Full Time opportunity for an Analyst, Business Systems to join our Health Information Systems & Services team at Central City Tower located in Surrey, BC.
We are looking for a skilled Analyst, Business Systems to work within our Health Information Systems & Services. Bring your real passion for... innovation and performance in technology as you contribute to change lives in healthcare. You will deliver a variety of business and systems analysis.
You will work on the design and development cycle for health informatics. You will excel as you work with all levels of the business, ensuring information technology deliverable align with the business requirements, with measurable results. You have the ability to tackle technical and strategic challenges using innovative ways.
• Supports, develops, and maintains systems necessary to facilitate care provider access to electronic health information.
• Participate in streamlining business processes and standard methodologies.
• Developing business information requirements and models, assisting in defining business scope and objectives and planning, designing, or modifying practical manual and automated business processes.
• Analyzes and diagnoses applications and/or business issues and provides resolution to either the systems or the business processes.
• Support ongoing operations and maintenance of health information systems.
• Assists in resolving any operational issues with systems as identified.
• Perform data analysis and create ad hoc, operational and management reports.
• Interpret business area reporting needs and develop report design layouts that provide added value to the business area.
• Participates on assigned internal and external committees.
To join our team, we will look for you to have:
• Ability to handle access related operational tasks, including account provisioning, de-provisioning, troubleshooting access issues, user account changes, corrections, and removals.
• Familiarity with role-based access provisioning based on the principle of least privilege.
• Ability to conduct access management audits, and ensure compliance with security and privacy policies, standards and guidelines
• Ability to implement new and improved processes, as well as tools and technologies designed to add automation, improve efficiency, and enhance user experience.
Promote high quality care and improve health outcomes by ensuring clinicians have a greater level of accurate and consistent patient information. You are able to analyze a situation, identify a problem and provide solutions based on client’s needs. You will be using complex data to support business decisions and you'll need to demonstrate collaborative, creative and conceptual thinking.
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Systems Management or a related field.
• 2 to 4 years' recent related business and systems analysis experience in a medium to large sized organization.
• E xperience with an electronic health information system, such as Meditech or Paris is preferred.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Analyst, Business Systems, Health Informatics - Community and Primary Care, is responsible for providing a range of business and systems analysis and support services to the community and primary care areas within Fraser Health. Analyzes business process re-engineering concepts and methods, with respect to health informatics, and develops, implements, and maintains health information systems and business practices pertaining to electronic health information capture and utilization. Ensures the development of the electronic health records for Fraser Health.
• Supports, develops, and maintains the business processes necessary to facilitate care provider access to electronic health information systems by conducting feasibility studies and determining user requirements for the uptake of electronic health information functionality or systems.
• Participates in strategic planning support and change management services by assisting the Portfolio Manager or Lead in streamlining business processes and best practices for electronic health information capture and utilization.
• Provides business analysis by carrying out work flow analysis, developing business information requirements and models, assisting in defining business scope and objectives and planning, designing, or modifying practical manual and automated business processes.
• Participates in health information systems projects, under the direction of the Portfolio Manager or Lead, by providing business systems analysis support. May lead small projects.
• Analyzes and diagnoses health information systems applications and/or business issues and provides resolution to either the systems or the business processes. Supports business process changes and/or functional changes to health information systems in support of business practice requirements by testing, modifying, and maintaining the integrated health information systems applications.
• Develops Service Level Agreements between Information Management and assigned business areas to support the movement of projects to operational status, maintenance, and support.
• Assists in resolving any operational issues with health information systems as identified internally or externally from the Information Management Customer Service desk.
• Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health informatics goals, objectives, policies and procedures for Information Management and assigned business areas within Fraser Health.
• Participates on assigned internal and external committees as required and works collaboratively as a member of the Health Information Systems and Services team.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Systems Management or a related field plus two (2) to four (4) years' recent related business and systems analysis experience in a medium to large sized organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience with an electronic health information system, such as the Meditech PARIS, and/or Intrahealth Profile is preferred.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
• Demonstrated knowledge of electronic health information systems.
• Ability to analyze business processes and business specifications.
• Knowledge of systems analysis, design and development life cycle theory, concepts and practices.
• Ability to develop innovative system/computing technology approaches and solutions for customer business needs.
• Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal effectively with others.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.