Fraser Health Authority Burnaby Canada
1 month ago
The salary range for this position is CAD $36.78 - $45.93 / hour
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more .
We are currently looking to fill a Part Time opportunity for a Music Therapist at Chenchenstway located in Burnaby, BC .
Come work with us
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer . Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to... start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor .
Under the direction of the Manager, Health Services, the Music Therapist is responsible for the development, implementation, modification and evaluation of music therapy programs for the residents/ clients of Fraser Health..
• As directed, plan, organize, implement, modify and evaluate music therapy programs designed to improve or maintain residents'/clients' level of physical, mental and social functioning.
• Assess all referred residents/clients and provide therapeutic intervention through the use of music therapy modalities.
• Consult with members of the Rehabilitation team to select appropriate music activities according to the needs and capabilities of residents/clients and coordinate music therapy with other therapeutic activities. Design and adapt musical instruments to assist handicapped resident/client involvement.
• Provide work direction to Activity Workers, volunteers and students during music therapy programs.
• As required, record, maintain and update resident/client records including assessment, treatment, and statistical data in keeping with departmental and hospital policies.
• Maintain and update inventory of musical equipment and materials ensuring safe and appropriate use.
• Identify and make recommendations to the Manager, Health Services regarding the purchase, general maintenance and repair of musical equipment and supplies.
• As directed, participate in multi-disciplinary care conferences and family conferences.
• In conjunction with the Manager, Health Services assist in the development, maintenance and evaluation of the Quality Assurance Program as related to music therapy.
• As required, provide in-service to other staff, students and volunteers in the principles and practises of music therapy.
• As directed, assist with the clinical training program of music therapy students.
• As assigned, attend meetings and serve on committees.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Graduation from a recognized diploma program in music therapy. One year's recent related experience in music therapy, preferably in a long term care facility.
Eligible for accreditation, with the Canadian Association for Music Therapy (CAMT).
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to teach and organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to deal with residents/clients, staff and public effectively.
• Must possess the physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.