World Vision Burundi Burundi
1 month ago
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Project Design, Planning and implementation
• Ensure that the cluster designs are in line with the Food Security life skills sector and national office strategy
• Integrate Food security and life skills project activities with other sectors and also the Communal development plan (PCDC)
• Supervise and monitor ongoing Food Security projects activities within the Cluster
• Roll out Food Security and life skills project models that meet quality standards
• Coordinate Cluster/AP Food Security projects being... implemented by partners and technical resource persons.
• Assess competency of cluster and area programme Food Security staff (in Resilience and competencies) to effectively implement the Food Security TP
• Coach and mentor cluster and area programme Food Security staff on an ongoing basis
• Participate in capacity building opportunities (e.g. Training of Trainers) as required.
• Initiate and participate in Food Security Province and communes Advocacy initiatives
• Liaise with the National office Food Security Technical Manager for quality implementation of Food Security projects.
• Facilitate mainstreaming of cross cutting themes (gender, advocacy, child protection, faith and development, disability, environment, DRR) in Food Security.
• Work with volunteers and partners to ensure Registered Children and their households are participating and benefiting from Food Security programme interventions
Capacity building and training
• Mobilization/ Organize farmers in Lead Farmer Groups and conducting on-farm trainings at demonstration plots to build practical capacities on Agriculture and Livestock improved methods.
• Provide mentoring and coaching community based staff, volunteers and interns in Food Security Sector.
• Identify ( draft ToR development) technical experts to train community groups (VSLA, Lead Farmer Group, Marketing groups and Associations)
• Facilitate regular reflection and learning activities with Food Security staff and volunteers as well as other local Food Security stakeholders to reflect on implementation and make adaptations as needed
• Liaise with the National Office Resilience and Livelihood technical Manager on staff capacity building in Food Security.
Partnership and networking
• Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the communal/ and provincial level.
• Participate and represent WVB in key donor engagements and technical working forums at Communal, provincial regional and National level when applicable
• Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with Cluster APs Food Security programme and related issues.
• Identify market development opportunities and promote Public, Private Partnership (P3) through building horizontal and vertical networking among targeted value chain actors that maximize economic empowerment of Food Security Opportunities for beneficiaries.
• Maintain strong networks and identify opportunities that present through networks and relationships with other institutions and organizations and NGOs working in the areas of Food Security
• Work closely with Communal and Provincial initiatives through the BPEAE Office on constraints of targeted crops and animals
• Design a platform to ensure all operational project models/grants in the TP are well integrated and provide feedback to project officers when gaps exist
• Assess, collect and analyses data from AP to measure the level of integration and impact.
• Monitor grants and sponsorship funded projects on their extent of integration and provide feedback on regular Basis Integrated life skills program across the Cluster and so that coherence among the sectors and avoid duplication.
• Assure that sponsorship is integrated into the planning, implementation and monitoring systems of the Food Security and life skills program.
• Strategically position – Food Security and life skills programs to integrate to different sectors (IWASH, Education, Child participation and Protection, faith and development, advocacy, child protection etc).
• Collaborate with and technically support Humanitarian and Emergency Affair division in ensuring the consideration of Food Security and life skills program for children, adolescents, youth and parents in crisis and at risk in the community based programming
Research, M&E and Documentation
• Effectively document all information related to project/programme successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms
• Identify research areas, conduct research and document learnings
• Responsible for capturing child wellbeing indicators literacy, numeracy and life skills in the cluster /APs
• Support processes of project baselines and evaluation of Food Security projects
• Regular record and update monthly activity monitoring data to support evidence based monthly report
• Spearhead the Cluster/APs Food Security periodic project output & outcome monitoring processes.
• Support GIK for his sector and be responsible for GIK good management and reporting for all distributions done in his sector.
Project management and coordination
• Lead budgeting process of Food Security programs for the cluster
• Coordinate, guide, and provide technical support to area program Food Security officers of the cluster in improving programmes/projects outcomes
• Supports the design of the technical approach and programme to address barriers to quality Food Security using a solid root cause analysis process.
• Contribute to production of timely, accurate, compliant, and quality reports of the area programs; and compile and produce Cluster level technical program reports.
• Organize and lead advocacy works at the Cluster level in coordination with communication officer, Cluster technical program coordinators and Cluster managers.
• Work closely with sponsorship, and project officer to efficiently ensure the interventions reach the intended beneficiaries
• Track financial management and budgets allocated for the cluster Food Security projects
• Continually monitor all expenditures of Food Security projects
• Submit timely information on budgets and financial reports, and be prepared to explain budget variances for the cluster Food Security projects
• Assure strict budget management and adherence to activity timelines to ensure proper accountability to WV and donors and effective project implementation
• Adhere to all WVB policies on procurement and financial management and report early to Supervisor as soon as any issue arises that may impact on the adherence to these policies
• Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports to the direct technical and administrative supervisors.
• Responsible for project assets at cluster office
• Ensure the integration of cross cutting themes and empowered world views (gender, advocacy, community behavior change, cc and child protection,… ) in Food Security projects in the cluster
• Identify projects ideas for viable funding proposals for resource acquisition to support Food Security programme interventions.
• Participate in resource mobilization through concept papers/proposal writing for fund raising and market them with support offices and other donors
• Contribute to feed into the pool of proposals ready for review and submission to donors.
Qualifications: Food Security /Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, or Agriculture. Post graduate agricultural training is an added advantage.
• Relevant experience of at least 5 years in Food Security programming with reputable institution, national or international NGO
• Good understanding of Agriculture concepts and issues in development context especially in Burundi
• Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management
• Working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, Ms Excel, stata
• Demonstrated experience and skill in research, analysis and report writing
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills with a passion for sharing knowledge;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Highly motivated to achieve quality results and service
• Demonstrated accountability and integrity
• Ability to communicate effectively
• A good team player
• Ability to work with rural communities
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.