eXp Canada Vancouver Canada
1 month ago
We are one of the first all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members utilizing our virtual office called eXp World. This role is work-from-anywhere in Canada.
Who is eXp?
Doing the audacious is part of eXp Realty’s DNA. We are a company that rewards creative minds who can offer bold solutions, where opinions matter, anything is possible and the outcome can be revolutionary. As a global full-service real estate brokerage utilizing a 3-D, fully immersive, cloud office environment, offering 24/7 access to collaborative tools & training, eXp has broken the traditional mold of real estate. We are doing big things.
Come join us at eXp Realty - a 6x Glassdoor Best Places to Work organization!
What You Will Do:
As a Translator, you'll convert written material from one or more 'source languages' into the 'target language', making sure that the translated version conveys the meaning of the original as clearly as possible.
Transcreation may also be part of the job, which is a mix of... translation, localisation (taking into account factors such as cultural nuances) and copywriting, where the text is culturally and linguistically adapted to suit the reader.
How You Will Make An Impact:
• Read given material and research industry-specific terminology
• Convert text and audio recordings from one language to another (Eng to Fr or Fr to Eng)
• Content formats include, but is inclusive to social media posts, emails, press releases, blog posts and more
• Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
• Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations
• Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
• Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
• Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
• Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
• Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices
• Additional duties as assigned
Please note that we create content at a rapid pace and will need translations to be completed to fit our deadlines. Shorter pieces of content like social media posts and emails may require turnaround in 1-2 hours.
How You Will Grab Our Attention:
• BSc in Translation, Interpreting or similar field
• Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
• Fluency in at least two languages in addition to your native language
• Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
• Good knowledge of content editing tools
• Familiarity with translation software
• Time-management skills
If you think you’d make a great match for this position but don’t meet all the requirements, we would still encourage you to apply!
What eXp Realty provides:
eXp Realty Canada offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, Subscription to Calm and Vitality Wellness Programs, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Up to 4 Paid Personal Days, 5 Paid Sick Days, One time stock option, $20/pay cheque for the first two pays of the month for your mobile phone/internet and RRSP employer match will be available in the near future
• Fully remote environment
• Amazing company culture
• And more..
This is a salaried position with compensation starting at $65,000 CAD per year. Exact pay will be based on knowledge and experience.
eXp World Holdings is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.