Vistas Global. WLL Doha Qatar
1 month ago
Job Title:- Library System Specialist
Location:- Doha, Qatar
Onsite Library Systems Specialist responsible for providing technical and administrative support for Sierra library system (ILS), and other related library technology systems and tools. The role also includes providing day-to-day administrative operations. Candidate will also be responsible for developing documentation for policies, processes, and procedures needed for the department.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide bilingual Arabic and English) technical support for Library System Sierra & Encore) and other technology systems, such as discovery layers, Stack Map, RFID, EZProxy Services.
Sierra ILS is mandatory.
Provide systems administration support for above systems
Provide day-to-day administration operations that cannot be performed by business user such as:
Rapid Update / bulk delete.
Updates in Sierra such as changing fields values, adding circulations rules, data... displayed in Encore, generating statistics and reports, deleting templates, adding deleting item types, updating internal notes, etc.
Upload below types of records into Sierra as per business requests:
i. Bib records
ii. Items records
iii. Invoice records
iv. Order records
v. Patron records.
Improve existing workflow for the business users and streamline processes Liaise and negotiate withILS suppliers
Prepare statistics as required
Implement innovative technologies
Manage IT projects and assist with implementation of department projects
Prepare documentations for procedures, processes, and policies of LMS (Library Management System)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to provide training to staff.
• Knowledge of library standards, principles, best practices, and terminology.
• Develop professional knowledge base and skills through appropriate training.
• Develop documentation such as policies, processes, and procedures.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in Sierra ILS and all its modules.
• Adequate experience with metadata international standards and formats for library systems (e.g., MARC
• Dublin Core, METS, MOOS). authentication, and protocols for search and retrieval, messaging, and networking, (e.g., EDI, Z39.SO, Open URL, OAl PMH, FTP).
• Adequate experience in Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology
• Adequate experience in using SQL.
Bachelor's degree in library science. information technology, or a related field
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.