First Quantum Minerals Ltd. Panama City Panama
1 month ago
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The Trainee Engineering is responsible to ensure with the assignments of the rotation cycle, acquiring practical experience of mining operations and implementing improvement projects and new methods to achieve the company's or organization ́s goal.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
_(Level of schooling required)_
• BSc or... MSc in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Geology or Industrial Engineering.
• Demonstrate selfconfidence and interpersonal flexibility, initiative, innovation, perseverance and integrity, committed to personal excellence and encouraging excellence in others.
• An effective, confident communicator who can present his/her ideas in a concise and organized manner.
• Ability to work effectively with other team members in a fastpaced environment with an open, honest and consistent style adept at dealing with diverse groups.
• Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and professionalism.
• Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities while providing leadership and direction.
• Must be selfmotivated and a team player who has the patience and skill to train and mentor other operations staff.
• Must be able to develop and maintain a cohesive team.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, remaining on track and compensating for variances.
• A proven agility to adapt to new challenges and new culture.
• Adherence to the highest ethical standards, demonstrating accountability, integrity and transparency in actions at all times.
• Demonstrated commitment to safety.
• Demonstrated understanding of risk analysis.
• Vision to perceive risks and opportunities with superior decisionmaking ability to act on these accordingly.
• Proven hability to perform data analysis
• Ability to develop solutions in challenging environment.
• Intermediate English is a plus.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
• Define, Propose and Monitor Mining improvement plans and objectives in accordance with Mining policies and procedures.
• Coordinates Mining Pit schedule and maintains performance to achieve targeted objective.
• Ensure that all operators and pit team are properly trained with technical knowledge to perform their job.
• Participate in the design of dump slopes to ensure safe mining operations with large above ground waste dumps in an environmentally sensitive region.
• Participate in the evaluation of mining procedures, techniques and policies.
• Understand Mining designs and guide the operations team for its implementation.
• Work with pit supervisors and mining engineers to provide design and practical knowledge regarding rock and ground conditions, failure modes, cost effective support systems, and other geotechnical practices.
• Prepare technical reports that describes results and processes of technical assessment and its progress.
• Communicate risks of mining activities to relevant parties including managers, engineers, supervisors, and workers.
Compliance / Quality Control
• Promote and adhere to appropriate internal methodologies, policies, procedures and standards.
• Consistently maintain a high quality of work across all allocated functions.
• Provide input/informed commentary, improvement opportunities and areas of risk to management.
• Ensure the quality of work output is achieved against company standards and monitored daily to ensure delivery meets expectations.
• Actively contribute to an improvement culture by actively encouraging employees to participate in continuous improvement.
Safety and Environment
• Ensure compliance with all site procedures, policies and site environmental requirements to ensure work is conducted a safe manner so that there are zero lost time injuries.
• Ensure the work safe work procedures or Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) are in place for those tasks of high risk to equipment and employees.
• Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental and Social Responsibility awareness.
• Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety, and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
• Identify potential hazards and ensure action is appropriately taken.
• Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
• Raise safety
Panama City Panama
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.