TAC Recruitment Johannesburg South Africa
1 month ago
Gauteng, JHB - Northern Suburbs
• R 900000
The Agricultural Manager:
Irrigation will be responsible to lead a team of Irrigation Agronomist in South Africa to ensure product supply security from the region to processing facilities.
Support raw materials procurement and assist the R&D team.
Position is based north of Kimberley.
• Ensure we have the Right Seed Quantity/Variety & Quality, at the Right Place, and Right Time in accordance to the Variety Steerco.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of the primary agronomic cropping systems in all regions where the product is cultivated; other crops include Corn, Wheat, Soybeans, Lucerne
• Serves as domain specialist to all regional agronomy in areas such as fertilization and soil management, pest and disease management, planting density, irrigation, optimization of crop inputs, digital agriculture, and alternative rotational crops.
• Lead regional agronomist to drive execution, strategy, priorities, and actions for supply... security in each sub region.
• Bring balance between improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of operations from seed to sip
• Provide input and drive implementation of our sustainability strategy and regenerative agriculture programs
• Promote a safe work environment and a strong safety culture.
• Maintain a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement
• Develop and deliver regular updates to internal stakeholders and governance bodies regarding status and progress of the crop and contracting with Co Ops
• Minimum 10 years' experience in agronomy
• Minimum of 10 years' experience working in seed & FMCG companies
BSc. Hon in Agronomy or related field with field crops experience required
• Experience working successfully in international and multidisciplinary environment
• Track record of influencing/developing talent
• Experience in the development, utilization and enabling technologies
• Experience in managing a high performing and highly technical teams
• Drivers license & driving experience
Willing to travel extensively in production areas 80% of the time:
• Working extended hours when required
• High skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI & Outlook
Fluency in Afrikaans & English
For more information please contact:
• Cornie Cilliers
Johannesburg South Africa
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.