Zimbabwe United Passenger Company (ZUPCO) Harare Zimbabwe
1 month ago
ZUPCO (Zimbabwe United Passenger Company) is a leading transportation organization providing reliable and efficient passenger services in Zimbabwe. With a strong commitment to safety, sustainability, and environmental responsibility, ZUPCO plays a vital role in the nation’s transportation sector.
Join our dynamic team and contribute to our mission of providing safe and environmentally conscious transportation solutions. ZUPCO is seeking a highly competent and motivated SHE Officer to join our team.
As a SHE Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation and maintenance of occupational health, safety, and environmental standards within the organization.
Your role will involve developing audit and inspection protocols, promoting a safety culture, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement occupational health and safety policies, procedures, and protocols to create a safe working... environment.
• Establish and maintain environmental management systems, ensuring compliance with ISO 14001 standards and applicable legislation.
• Conduct regular audits and inspections based on OSHAS 18001, ISO 14001, and relevant regulations to identify hazards and assess risks.
• Recommend and implement corrective actions to mitigate risks, improve safety measures, and minimize environmental impact.
• Provide training and awareness programs to employees on occupational health, safety, and environmental matters.
• Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses, identifying root causes and implementing preventive measures.
• Maintain accurate records and documentation related to health, safety, and environmental management.
• Prepare reports on performance indicators, incidents, and compliance status for management and regulatory authorities.
• Collaborate with stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, to ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and new regulations, and implement necessary changes within the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Management, or a related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of post-qualification experience in Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental Management.
• Proficiency in developing audit and inspection protocols based on OSHAS 18001, ISO 14001, and all applicable legislation.
• Possession of a clean Class 4 driver’s license.
Applications accompanied by detailed updated curriculum vitae, copies of certified educational and professional qualifications, national identity and three contactable referees clearly showing which position is being applied for
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.