Leonardo Edinburgh United Kingdom
1 month ago
At Leonardo, we have an opportunity for a Production Test Engineer to join our team. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK.
The Radar and Advanced Targeting line of business, based in Edinburgh, is uniquely positioned as one of the world's top manufacturers of radars, lasers and infrared countermeasure systems.
As a Test Engineer you will join our Operations team and have the opportunity to build cross-functional relationships and be a positive influence within the IPT to support the future of the business.
You'll work on things like the radar for a Typhoon fighter jet, surveillance systems that are used by coast guards to save lives at sea, or involved in the testing and diagnostic analysis of 'cutting edge' avionic systems for a wide range of military aircraft.
If you are someone who thrives at meeting... business and customer goals then perhaps it's time for a change.
Shift working may be a pre-requisite for this role and that may include nightshift.
What we can offer you:
• Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
• Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
• Network groups
• Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
• Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring
• Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Gold Award
• Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
• Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days
What you will do
As a Test engineer, you will have the opportunity to pro actively engage in activities such as:
• Test & fault diagnosis of complex system level products and their associated sub assemblies, in a high technology aerospace & defence manufacturing environment
• Carry out fault diagnosis to component level
• RF testing
• To identify and pursue solutions to shortcomings with respect to test equipment, test methods and test documentation.
• Interpretation and adherence to test specifications
• Interpretation of technical drawings and circuit diagrams.
• Electrical Safety Testing
• Product Acceptance Testing
• Vibration & Thermal testing
• Maintain effective and pro-active communication with Project, Quality and Engineering functions
• To ensure standard handover procedure and effective communication is applied over all products
• Responsibility for designated 5s areas to be completed in line with daily/weekly/monthly sign off sheets
• You will work closely with Systems and Electronics engineers to solve real integration problems on complex systems
• You may have opportunities to contribute towards the investigation and analysis of leading edge development methodologies and influence the future path of development within Leonardo
• Most training will be delivered through on-the-job experience
What we are looking for
• HND or above, in system, electrical, RF engineering
• Understanding of electrical motors, gimbals and how they work
• A good understand of measurement and test principles, and equipment.
• An understanding of RF and Microwave technology at subsystem level would be an advantage
• Have experience with focusing cameras/ optics and the effect this can have at system level
• Understanding and standard working practices of safety precautions required when integrating or aligning an electro mechanical device
• Applying statistical process control (SPC) for fault / trend diagnosis within a production environment
• Experience in working in clean rooms - Should have an understanding of working in cleanrooms and the importance of this to the quality of the job
We are relentless about inclusion. We understand an inclusive environment is one that welcomes everyone as they are. We see diversity as a strength. We still have some way to go to achieving diverse teams across our whole business. We would like you to be part of our journey to creating that better balance and welcome applications from all individuals from all walks of life as we build a stronger company together
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.