Health Services Advisory Group Atlanta GA Georgia
3 months ago
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, measure development, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a career in financial and actuarial services as an Actuarial Business Analyst I in HSAG's Data Science & Advanced Analytics (DSAA) division. Together we can create positive change to make... healthcare better.
The Actuarial Business Analyst I position benefits from HSAG's desire to grow its staff into future leaders of healthcare analytics, program evaluation, and quality improvement in the nation. The Actuarial Business Analyst I position provides direct support to both the growing Actuarial Team and the Program Evaluation Team within the DSAA division across the entire array of healthcare projects involving cost-effectiveness and actuarial analyses. During the first year, new HSAG analysts are provided internal training in SAS, Tableau, healthcare data, and other healthcare-related topics.
• A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
• Three weeks of paid time off and 15 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a "jump start" on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement and 401(k).
The Actuarial Business Analyst I position is a key contributor to cutting-edge analytic work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG with specific focus on cost-related data. The Actuarial Business Analyst I position will contribute to active projects focused on evaluating the impact of large-scale Medicaid projects on the health outcomes of enrolled individuals with a focus on the cost-effectiveness and budget impacts of those programs. The position will collaborate with a diverse array of analytic staff to provide healthcare decision and policy makers with actionable results that can be leveraged to transform healthcare delivery and reimbursement. The Actuarial Business Analyst I position will support work that involves (but is not limited to) a wide array of different healthcare projects such as:
• Independent program evaluations and other assessments
• Budget neutrality calculations, forecasting, and validations
• Program cost-effectiveness determinations
• Development and evaluation of value-based purchasing mechanisms
The position involves working with a range of data sources, including medical and prescription drug claims and encounters, eligibility data, and patient demographic data.
Activities include participating in multiple teams in developing work plans and timelines; performing analytic project tasks; contributing to client teleconferences and meetings; presenting on healthcare topics; and providing regular progress reports to DSAA leadership.
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform data validation and cleaning processes on diverse healthcare data obtained from a range of sources.
• Combine and prepare multiple healthcare datasets for statistical and actuarial analyses.
• Conduct and interpret statistical and actuarial analyses as directed by project leads.
• Understand primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
• Attend, participate, and assist in team training meetings.
• Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and customers.
• Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, or another quantitative discipline.
• At least two (2) years' experience working in a healthcare setting (i.e., managed care plan, actuarial firm) focused on claims or encounter data.
• At least one (1) year of statistics and/or quantitative analysis experience or education.
• Experience using statistical software. SAS experience preferred.
• Experience working with relational databases.
• Experience contributing to report writing and formal written deliverables.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position does not include exam support for attainment of actuarial credentials.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212. If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
Atlanta GA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.