MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT Gaborone Botswana
3 months ago
PRINCIPAL EDUCATION OFFICER I (SPECIAL NEEDS MATERIAL PRODUCTION UNIT) D2 x 1 POST
Applications are invited from highly motivated and well-experienced self-driven citizens of Botswana for the position of Principal
Education Officer I (Special Needs Material Production Unit) in the Department of ICT and Media Services under the Ministry of
Education & Skills Development.
SALARY SCALE: D2 (P320, 952 – P353, 928 per annum)
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme with Botswana Public Officers Medical Aid Scheme – (BPOMAS) Government
contributes 50% and Employees 50%.
Contributory Pension Fund (Government contributes 15% and Employees 5%)
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education or related field. A Master’s Degree in Special Education will be an added
A minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in Education, two (2) years of which should have been served at a D3... salary
scale under the Ministry of Education and Skills Development on the field of special needs or equivalent in parastatals/private
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary purpose of the job is to plan, manage, supervise, and coordinate activities of the Special Needs Material Production
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1. Make recommendations for changes in work procedures and expenditure on production equipment.
2. Makes decisions on user support service procedures.
3. Makes recommendations on the distribution of educational materials for Special Education Needs (SEN) learners to schools.
4. Makes recommendations on the distribution of educational materials for SEN learners to schools.
5. Makes recommendations for the purchase of production specialized materials and equipment for learners with special educational
6. Advice management on which technological advancement to adopt.
7. Advice the Ministry of Education on issues pertaining to Special Educational needs.
8. Advise on the procurement of Special material and equipment for SEN learners.
9. Undertakes any other related duties as required to meet the exigencies of the service
10. Coordinates development of Production section services procedures.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Strategic and Analytical thinking
Creativity & Innovation
Expertise in adaptive technology for braille production services
Knowledge of Braille reading and writing
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Ethics and values
Effective communication skills
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.