Krea University Chennai Tamil Nadu India
3 months ago
Organization: Krea University
Reports to: The Registrar, Krea University
Location: Full-time position based out of Sri City, Andhra Pradesh
Remuneration: As per institution standard
Krea University, one of the leading liberal arts Universities in India, was established in 2018. Currently in its 5th year of operation, Krea’s Interwoven Learning model encourages creativity, critical thinking, communication and cross-disciplinary approach to learning and teaching. At Krea, students are guided by some of the best academic minds from around the world. The mission of Krea is to shape a new generation of adaptable, resilient leaders, giving them the critical thinking skills needed to forge ahead.
About the position:
The Registrar’s Office, Krea University is looking for a dynamic administrator to function as the Assistant Registrar of the University. The Assistant Registrar will work closely with the Registrar and will play a key role in the University by providing... effective administrative support to the Registrar. This facilitative role will require the person to maintain utmost confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion. An ideal candidate will be someone with a high level of integrity, excellent oral and written communication skills, high standards of professionalism and a deep understanding of higher education administration in India included but not limited to UGC regulations, laws, policies and statutes concerning administration of Universities in Andhra Pradesh and in India.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Work under the guidance of the Registrar to ensure compliance with UGC regulations and other statutory requirements
• Ensure the constitution of all University Committees as per the University policies and UGC Regulations; Disciplinary Committee, Student Grievance Committee, Internal Committee, Anti-Ragging Committee
• Serve as Member Secretary on all the key University committees and ensure the maintenance of records, transcriptions for hearings, minutes of the meetings, preparation of agendas etc.
• Convene committee meetings time to time to ensure their effective functioning
• Follow up on outcomes of Committee hearings and meetings and next steps for implementation as advised by the Registrar
• Prepare and issue final reports, disciplinary letters along with maintaining a records of the same for auditing purposes
• Maintain student records and data required for various statutory bodies such as UGC, NAAC, NIRF etc. Manage student registration, student records, entry/exit information
• Function as the interface for the Office of Registrar for students, faculty and staff on campus and assist them with issuing of bonafide certificates and or any other letters required for various administrative purposes
• Provide guidance to international students for their FRRO registration & other processes
• Extend support to key offices on campus such as Office of Student Life, Academic Office, Examinations Office, Vice Chancellor’s Office, Career Services Office as per the directions of the Registrar
• Working and liaising effectively with all key stakeholders and facilitating reporting to the Registrar, especially on time sensitive issues
• Assist the Registrar with other day to day administrative tasks as necessary
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Skills and Education
• At least a Master’s degree from a top tier institution will be required. Candidates with a degree in Law, Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Education etc. will have an advantage
• Work experience of at least 5 years in administrative roles in Universities related to academics, examinations, student affairs, higher education administration etc will be required to apply for this role
• Experience with Database and Record Management Systems would be an added advantage
• Demonstrated ability to work proactively, and work autonomously with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
• Ability to explain complex information to different departments
• Ability to prepare minutes and record keeping for all key administrative purposes
• Ability to interact sensitively and empathetically with students
• Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint etc
• Strong organizational, management skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to maintain high professional and ethical standards
Krea University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Interested candidates please mail your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]. The subject line for the email should be Name_Application for Assistant Registrar
Chennai Tamil Nadu India
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.