Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative AHNi Abuja Nigeria
3 months ago
• The Global Fund C19RM is designed to respond to COVID-19 in three ways: COVID-19 control and containment interventions, including personal protective equipment “PPE”, diagnostics, treatment, communications, and other public measures. COVID-19-related risk mitigation measures for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria programs including, but not limited to, support for COVID-19 interventions needed to safely implement campaigns, community and health facility-level HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria programs; and Expanded reinforcement of key aspects of health systems, such as laboratory networks, supply chains, and community-led response systems to address advocacy, services, accountability, and human-rights-based approaches.
• Hence, the consultants will support the implementation of C19RM implementation in Abuja with visits to supported states.
The services of the Consultant working with the C19RM team will include but not be limited to the following:
• Identify... projects, stories, and messages that are engaging, motivating, and high quality, and which communicate impact and showcase the GC6 project deliverables.
• Develop list of communications products to be developed/finalized at least 3 per project primary outcome area
• Develop GC6-related communications materials: success stories, infographics, photo stories, short video clips, etc.
• Develop and coordinate the knowledge management component of the project, ensuring lessons learned are documented and archived in the appropriate channels i.e. briefs, case studies, lessons learned
• Support the organization in documenting learnings and building a ‘library’ of communication materials and knowledge products.
• Coordinate all reviews, editing, and/or translating of agreed-upon communication materials.
• Contribute to identifying new and creative ways to enhance the visibility and outreach of the GC6 and other AHNi Projects as well as facilitate the delivery of inspiring and attractive multimedia content about these projects.
• Contribute to the development of AHNi communication strategy.
• Manage AHNi social media handles and help improve visibility and followership.
• Write, edit, and distribute high-quality media and multimedia content, including written content, publications, press releases, website content, case studies, infographics, and other communication material that communicates the organization’s activities, products, and/or services.
• Research, prepare, fact-check, edit, and produce professional media and communications materials for various audiences and ensure their timely dissemination and amplification via AHNi communications channels.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Master's Degree in Journalism, Health Education, Public Health or International Relations, plus 3 to 5 years of experience in writing and editing health materials. Or Bachelor's Degree and 5 to 7 years’ experience.
• Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above. Fluency in English is required. International experience is an asset.
• Excellent communication and computer skills required.
• Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
• Proven ability to produce written and edited materials of high quality.
• Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
• Knowledge of National HIV/AIDS program and ability to understand full range of issues around treatment, care and support programming.
• Knowledge of Nigerian health care delivery setting, including government and non-government settings.
• Ability to synthesize complex technical material into accurate, clear, concise prose, accessible to non-technical audiences.
• An understanding of the international dimensions of the HIV pandemic and key issues related to prevention, care and treatment.
• Superior communication skills, evidenced by an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of staff and with the public.
• Skill in word processing and graphic design software packages.
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
• Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.