Inhabit Mumbai Maharashtra India
3 months ago
Inhabit is a specialist consultancy focused on the design and advancement of the built environment. We are committed to making positive impact at global scale with human experience central to our activities. Our solutions-led approach provides Inhabit opportunities to work as creative design partners with acknowledged industry leaders in Architecture, Engineering and Sustainable Design from concept to completion. Our respective areas of expertise can be integrated to allow seamless interdisciplinary synergy to create buildings that are more relevant to our evolving society.
Designing a sustainable future starts with diversity. At Inhabit, we’re committed to building that future, wherever in the world that may be. We recognise that it is only through diversity that we can create the best built environment possible, which is only accomplished in a climate of inclusion. If you share in this belief, we invite and encourage you to join us in constructing that future... with Inhabit.
An exciting opportunity in our Mumbai office is available for an experienced, creative, and motivated Façade Consultant to become part of the team. You will be collaborating with the best in the business, building on your specialised technical knowledge whilst working on the design of some of the most exciting projects in India and internationally.
The Inhabit Consulting team is internationally distributed, and the team is location independent, enabling access to projects across Australia, Asia, US and Europe from any location. We uniquely work across all stages of the project lifecycle, from business case and advisory to sustainability and carbon strategy to detailed modelling, construction, and post-occupancy. This means that we have a focus on real-world results rather than the hypothetical targets seen in other parts of the sustainability industry.
This role will see you working closely with other team members to carry out design engineering, project management and business development whilst also developing your own personal skills in design, engineering, and materials.
Some of our recent Indian projects include:
• Aranya Residential Towers, Mumbai
• Noida Jewar Airport, New Delhi NCR
• Hindu Heritage Museum, Mangarh
• Nalanda University, Bihar
If this interests you, we are seeking someone who:
• Has an appetite for learning new skills and a proven ability to manage delivery of multiple projects
• Is motivated by progressive thinking to find creative solutions
• Has the growth mindset to grow and assist to scale the business to the next level
• Is curious and wants to apply problem-solving to real-world applications
• Doesn’t mind being out of their comfort zone and challenging themselves
• Is interested in continually refining their oral and written communication skills
• Understands the relationship between detail and the ‘bigger picture’, and has an appreciation for both
Your typical day at Inhabit could involve:
• Contributing to the design and engineering of curtain wall and cladding systems, as well as specialty systems (i.e. structural glass, cables, ETFE etc.)
• Understanding of design and buildability of façade systems including material knowledge and installation techniques
• Coordinating with other project consultants such as Architects and Builders to determine best practice façade design outcomes
• Providing hand design sketches, develop reports for all stages of the project from conception to completion
• Developing façade system concepts based on architectural concepts
• Technical researching of materials and products
• Writing specifications and responding to site and construction related queries
• Assisting and coordinating with other members of the consulting team in the preparation of project deliverables
• Providing assistance during construction of façade systems including attendance mock-up testing, shop drawing reviews and conduct factory & site inspections
• Bachelor’s degree Architecture, Engineer or similar
• Ideally 4+ years’ experience in the façade industry in a similar role
• Extensive familiarity with façade systems, façade design, materials and fabrication / manufacture
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of 3D design software (Rhino, Revit, Sketchup, etc.)
• Knowledge of 3D geometrical analysis (Grasshopper, Excel, etc.)
• Knowledge of graphics software (Affinity, InDesign, etc.)
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
• Client and team focused
• Knowledge of relevant standards and codes for façades and services
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Planning and organisational skills
• Be flexible to meet varied demands of the role
What We Offer
• A wide variety of technically interesting projects
• A chance to be a part of a team that has a broad influence on a progressive business
• Excellent mentorship and career progression opportunities with future global career prospects
• Connect, learn and collaborate with our global network of experts
• Access to training and development to grow your career and maximise your potential
• Be rewarded for your enthusiasm, commitment, dedication, and loyalty
• An Employee Assistance Program to support you and your close one
• Centrally located offices to connect with colleagues including team workshops and social events
Please upload your cover letter and CV and any other documents that you think will set you apart to our careers portal.
We will be excited to meet with you if your skills and experience are aligned with ours.
Inhabit requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID19 and encourages all booster requirements. The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status or an acceptable medical exemption.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/
Please no agencies
Mumbai Maharashtra India
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.