Pharmaron United Kingdom United Kingdom
3 months ago
Scientist Drug Product (Analytical Chemistry)
Analytical Chemists– Join a growing team supporting solid oral dose development and manufacture
Dynamic Individuals– look to develop new skills and apply existing knowledge to overcome challenges
Enthusiastic Scientists –with a focus on compliance and cooperation to deliver results
• Vibrant and dynamic employment – we are a highly specialised, growth company operating in a critical sector of the economy – our future is strong and exciting
• Opportunities to develop your skills and yourself – our rapid growth brings greater opportunities for you to learn and grow faster!
• A great team where we all support each other – enjoy your work – after all you spend about a third of your time here!
Our Company: “We are a dynamic, fast-growing company, with an enviable reputation for leading edge science, offering contract research services to some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, solving what were believed to be... unsolvable scientific challenges”.
We believe in our ability to relentlessly push forward the boundaries of scientific excellence, delivering solutions for our clients, always operating ethically and with integrity. We take pride in our professionalism and commitment to always deliver our very best work.
We are based in Hertfordshire, in the town of Hoddesdon. The Hoddesdon campus, consisting of several purpose built scientific and administrative buildings together with a purpose built conference area has more than 5,000m 2 of premier R&D space and houses an established Process Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Drug Discovery team, and a newly established Product Development department. The Hoddesdon site has state-of-the-art Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standard facilities for the development of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), formulation development and process chemistry. We offer our employees a highly supportive team-work environment, enabling them to develop and liberate their true potential.
The Analytical Chemistry (AC) Team at the Hoddesdon site supports the other chemistry functions and our science partners with advanced analytical solutions that help deliver our clients’ programmes and ultimately progress medicines to the market. To support the development of our formulation capabilities we are looking for a Scientist with a background in Drug Product Analytical Chemistry.
We offer a competitive salary and a progressive and comprehensive suite of employee benefits
• We offer state of the art working environment in our modern Hoddesdon site
• We offer the opportunity for growth and development and will support funding for relevant training and development programmes
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Analysing API’s, Intermediates and Drug Products via HPLC, Dissolution and other analytical methods
• Working on assigned tasks to tight deadlines
• Able to step in and learn new techniques to support projects
• Ability to solve scientific problems
• Able to work effectively in a GMP laboratory
• BSc (Hons) or MSc in Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry.Relevant experience in an Analytical Chemistry laboratory.
• Significant expertise in HPLC and Dissolution methods.
• Hands-on expertise and up-to-date knowledge of other analytical methodologies.
• Experience working to GLP and GMP.
• Well organised and follows up on actions.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
You will have a background in Analytical Chemistry combined with a solid expertise in HPLC, Dissolution, KF, Disintegration, stability analysis and drug product development. Knowledge of GC, SFC, MS and other analytical methodologies utilized to characterize APIs would be an advantage. The role is to support formulation development projects, develop and validate analytical methods and collaborates effectively with Formulation Development and Materials Characterization colleagues.
Why Should You Apply?
• This is an opportunity for you as a Chemistry professional to make a real impact in a highly scientific and regulated environment, demonstrate leadership, ambition and the desire to grow with the department.
• Build and shape your career in an environment that sets and commits to the highest standards of Chemistry.
• To be part of a team who support each other, embrace and solve technical challenges and put excellence at the heart of all that we do.
Pharmaron is a premier R&D service company supporting the life sciences industry. Founded in 2004, Pharmaron has invested in its people and facilities having established diverse drug R&D service capabilities, ranging from synthetic, medicinal, and analytical chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, drug safety assessment, radiochemistry and isotopically labelled metabolism, chemical & pharmaceutical development to clinical development. With operations in China, US and UK staffed by over 19,000 employees, Pharmaron has an excellent track record in the delivery of R&D solutions to its partners in North America, Europe, Japan, and China.
Search Openings in the UKView Openings in the UK by Category & Location
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.