Kwalee Belarus Belarus
3 months ago
• Job Title - Lead Mobile Game Designer - Hybridcasual
• Reports Into - Head of Design
• Location - Remote
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with over over 1 Billion downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
• Profit sharing scheme - we win, you win
• Quarterly Team Building days
• Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
• Kwalee Artificial Intelligence (K.A.I) - win prizes for proposing useful AI initiatives
• Flexible working hours - we trust you to choose how and when you work best
• All the equipment that you need to be properly set up
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As our Lead Game Designer you have a talent to... create fun, exciting game experiences for our players. You’ll be designing hybridcasual games, managing and overseeing hybridcasual projects and coaching of the design team
Your Team Mates
Our team is a diverse group of designers from all around the world; some working in the office, some remote. As a core department to the company, we're given a large degree of freedom and creative responsibility over every game we make.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
• Planning, managing and overseeing of hybridcasual game projects
• Motivate, inspire and mentor a small team of designers, encouraging a culture of constant learning
• Support your team members on solving complex design, technical and implementation issues
• Evolving and adapting game designs based on play testing, feedback and live metrics.
• Driving long term player engagement by understanding mobile players needs and motivations.
Your Hard Skills
• Track record of working either on successful hybridcasual games or alternatively has worked on both casual and hypercasual games
• Knowledge of mobile free-to-play game monetisation techniques.
• Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
• Experience managing a team
• Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humour, surprises and fun.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.