Burns & McDonnell Atlanta GA Georgia
3 months ago
1898 & Co. a division of Burns & McDonnell, is seeking an experienced Geospatial Technology Project Manager. The selected candidate will join The Geospatial Consulting Business Line, which is focused on providing GIS and Geospatial Consulting Services delivering high value to our clients through a variety of leading program and practice disciplines. The Geospatial Technology Project... Manager will be a lead role in the pursuit and execution of GIS projects supporting utilities, government organizations, and manufacturing clients.
This position will provide overall project leadership for a variety of GIS analysis, GIS application development, GIS system implementation, data migration, and GIS data development efforts providing guidance to GIS specialists and GIS technicians. The Geospatial Technology Project Manager will assist with business development efforts by developing and managing project pursuits. Business development will include client lead identification and prospecting, project scoping and budgeting, system architecture design, developing content for and leading technical demonstrations, and providing content for proposals.
• Lead & identify new sales opportunities with clients; lead all aspects of proposal development and submission including project estimation, planning, and scheduling; establish critical project objectives and performances with clients; lead contract preparation and negotiations.
• Lead program estimation, planning, budgeting and be accountable for the execution and delivery of the program/project.
• Adopt, implement, and adjust leading project delivery methodologies including Waterfall and Agile Methods.
• Responsible for the successful completion of the project in accordance with the client’s business objectives balancing the budget, scope, and quality considerations. In addition, supervise, track, and report the overall project status and progress and ensure all scheduled milestones and delivery dates are met.
• Create various status reports and lead/coordinate status meetings covering schedules, risks, issues, budget vs. actuals, deliverables, and resources.
• Responsible for all resources assigned to the program; 1898 & Co., client, and 3rd Party Vendors.
• Ensure the overall quality of the project/program deliverables.
• Support the completion of project deliverables assigned to the team (onshore and offshore) in accordance with client contracts/agreements.
• Conducts quality assurance reviews of all deliverables based on agreed standards and practices.
• Assist with or lead the business process design to drive out the full set of application requirements: functional, quality, integration, and security.
• Validate that the application requirements meet overall business process needs, and are within the project scope.
• Serve as a resource for the human performance architects to identify training and performance support needs, and design and develop the training and performance support products.
• Lead or assist with creating high-level project communications and status reporting to the executive team.
• Serve as a central point of contact for all project interdependencies internal and external.
• Use project execution experience and knowledge to provide input and influence project execution processes and quality assurance/quality control protocols.
• Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in GIS, computer science, engineering, mathematics, geography, or a closely related field, with a master's degree in a similar field a plus. Additional applicable years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
• Minimum 5 years of experience providing Project Management services and execution on industry-leading methods and GIS technologies
• Minimum 3 years of related experience in GIS technologies including platform architecture, solution design, project envisioning, deployment, security, cloud, and scalability.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• PMP Certification, Agile Certification, or equivalent experience is preferred.
• The ability to influence, lead and manage change thoughtfully and positively.
• Demonstrated success in project management.
• Travel: 30-60%
• Experience with ArcGIS enterprise platform (desktop, server, and online).
• Experience working with ArcGIS BIM integration.
• Knowledge of integration of GIS with other enterprise systems (e.g., CMMS, ERP, EAM, CRM)
Job Project Management
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Other Locations US-AZ-Phoenix, US-GA-Atlanta, US-TX-Houston, US-IL-Chicago
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
About 1898 & Co.
1898 & Co. is a business, technology and security solutions consultancy where experience and foresight come together to unlock lasting advancements. We innovate today to fuel our clients’ future growth, catalyzing insights that drive smarter decisions, improve performance and maximize value. As part of Burns & McDonnell, we draw on more than 120 years of deep and broad experience in complex industries as we envision and enable the future for our clients.
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Req ID: 231758 Job Hire Type Experienced
Atlanta GA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.