City of Doraville Atlanta GA Georgia
3 months ago
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the management of the City's stormwater system, environmental efforts, and GIS database. Regarding stormwater and the environment, responsibilities include ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations as well as advancing Doraville environmentally and sustainably through tree plantings, stream restoration, wildflower gardens, and the... like. For GIS, work at this level places an emphasis on production of maps, graphics, and creative presentation materials, as well as the routine maintenance and upkeep of related database files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Leads City efforts related to tree plantings, wildflower plantings, stream restoration, and other environmentally beneficial projects within the City.
● Manages inspections and maintenance of the stormwater system structural components and new and post-construction infrastructure.
● Tests water quality and records results.
● Compiles data and completes forms and reports as required by state and federal regulations; maintains electronic and hard copy records.
● Assists with developing, coordinating, and presenting stormwater-related educational materials and programs to citizens and school groups.
● Supervises the management of the city's stormwater permit.
● Prepares annual billing for stormwater utility fees.
● Performs geographic information system (GIS) mapping functions.
a. Produces, maintains, and updates city maps, graphics, and presentation materials: generates maps and materials using GIS system; customizes data to reflect specific information of interest to the parties requesting the materials; prioritizes projects in order to meet deadlines; produces routine documents for sale or distribution to city departments, including street atlases and other city maps.
b. Maintains a clearinghouse of data pertaining to city infrastructure, streets, public facilities, subdivision plans, municipal boundaries, and other community resources: updates databases and indexes data for reference; categorizes and integrates data with GIS systems; interpolates annexations, subdivisions, highway projects and street locations into the GIS database; assures accuracy and interrelationship of all system information and data for preparation of reports and/or mapping projects.
c. Digitizes, scans, or otherwise converts maps, plats, plans, surveys, and similar paper documents into electronic format: maintains electronic files and storage of records; distributes records as appropriate.
d. Operates GPS equipment to collect and catalog data on city resources and infrastructure: identifies and locates various data points in the field; utilizes equipment to obtain geographic reference points; keeps logs and records of data points collected; downloads data from GPS equipment and attributes records with various resource lists.
● Researches, prepares, and completes various forms, technical reports, and presentations, and processes them as appropriate.
● Researches and investigates citizen, staff, and leadership complaints and inquiries pertaining to stormwater, environmental projects, and GIS.
● Communicates with supervisors, coworkers, third parties, and the public to resolve issues as needed.
● Attends City Council or other public meetings, as needed.
● Presents status updates or project ideas to City Council, as needed.
● Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable laws/regulations, new technologies, trends and advances in the profession.
● Maintains professional affiliations and attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
● Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include answering telephone calls, typing documents, making copies, filing documentation, or running errands.
● At minimum, a certificate or college degree in GIS.
● Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
● Experience working with GIS, stormwater, or any relevant work experience.
● Possession of or ability to obtain a Georgia driver’s license.
● Possession of or ability to readily obtain the appropriate state certification for the type of inspection(s) conducted
Atlanta GA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.