IIE MSA and IIE Varsity College Durban South Africa
3 months ago
Division : Durban North Campus
Business Unit : Academic
Minimum experience : Associate
Company primary industry : Education Management
Job functional area : Education
Closing Date : 02 Jun 2023
Direct Reporting Line:
Programme Manager: Finance & Accounting
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE Varsity College, Durban North Campus has a vacancy for a Lecturer: School of Finance and Accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lecture on programmes (must lecture on an IIE qualification) across various modes of delivery where relevant.
• Marking of assessments and feedback to students in subjects lectured. May be required to internally... moderate assessments scripts that fall within their subject fields, where necessary across IIE sites of delivery.
Lecturer Development and Support
• Assist in lecturer development and support processes and procedures. This may include conducting peer reviews, facilitating workshops and one-on-one consultations.
Student Development & Support
• Championing/leading and managing academic development and support for a specific programme and its students.
• Tracking student success and implementing support interventions where required.
Research & Scholarship
• The incumbant is required to promote a culture of scholarship within their practice, discipline and campus/team and is also required to contribute towards The IIE’s Varsity College achieving its annual research output targets.
• Superior communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage work and self proactively.
• Able to demonstrate a proven track record of effective teaching in subject area based on a reflective practice.
• Able to demonstrate the ability to manage relationships with managers and staff effectively in terms of motivation, quality and performance.
• Passion for Customer Service.
• Experience in the use of technology to enhance learning is an added advantage.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
• Minimum Minimum of a CA (SA) qualification or Postgraduate qualification with majors in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Finance, Taxation and Auditing.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years Teaching and Learning experience in field of qualification (preferably in teaching environment)
Preference will be given to EE candidates
Durban South Africa
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.