Jabil Careers George Town Penang Singapore
2 weeks ago
The role of Test Development Engineer is to support Manufacturing Test System Development activities/ Projects and system deployment to JGP factories to meet company business activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the design and development of test solution in terms of hardware design and software coding for manufacturing test.
• Understand customer test specification and test requirement.
• Read and understand product design schematics and circuit diagram and identify/proposed measurement point and test point.
• Identify and select suitable test equipment for product electrical measurement.
• Ability to design electronic circuit and source for electronics components for use to interface with product during testing.
• Perform system integration, debug, and conduct system repeatability study and optimization.
• Brainstorm and provide ideas, suggestions, and solutions to the various approach of testing a product.
• Responsible for project... deployment into production and support activities.
• Ability to setup and debug test system timely for pilot builds.
• Ability to support factory pilot build, identify issues lists and track to closure.
• Assist factory in identifying and rectifying test system related technical issues during mass productions.
• Ability to identify and resolve issues efficiently.
• Ability to manage risk and escalate to management team if necessary.
• Interacting with teams
• Able to work effectively within different cross-functional teams within the company.
• Able to communicate and co-work with customers and internal team on test requirement and test system design.
• Attend weekly project conference call with customer and cross-functional team from factory.
• Provide timely update on factory manufacturing test activities and project status.
• Traveling and onsite support
• Able to travel (when condition permits) both in Asia and USA during project pilot build and ad-hoc issue resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree/MSc in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
• Min 2 years of working experience on test engineering, test development, or equivalent working experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Test and measurement instrumentation exposure and experience in software development for remote equipment control is required.
• Possess some software coding experience. C#, C++, python, Linux and script programming skill.
• Good technical and analytical skill with ability to perform electronic system debug effectively
• Experience in consumer product audio and optical modules testing will be an advantage.
• Experience in mobile phone manufacturing test development and RF test will be an advantage.
• Knowledge in micro-Controller programming, Android, iOS programming will be an advantage.
• Knowledge in RF Antenna test will be an advantage
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE SKILLS -- Oral & Written
• Converse, read and write fluently in English, Mandarin as the role required to communicate and liaise with Mandarin speaking stakeholders / suppliers.
• Ability to communicate clearly to cross-functional team within Jabil or external customer/vendors.
• Response professionally/Technically to common inquiries from customers.
• Effectively present information to internal teams and management.
• A good team player
George Town Penang Malaysia (+1 other)
Jobs in George Town Penang Singapore
J2353454-IL-Malaysia-Sr / Design Engineer (Test Development) George Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.