Upper Canada Child Care
Upper Canada Child Care Markham Canada
1 week ago
Upper Canada Child Care - “A smile on each child’s face…every day.”
Join our Team!
Upper Canada Child Care is looking for passionate and committed child care professionals to join our Team located at Little Rouge PS (Markham, ON).
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Teacher.
• Candidates must be available to work a split shift in a before and after school program.
Assistant $17.70 -$20.82/hour plus Wage Enhancement Grant ($2.00/hr) and Split Shift Premium ($2.00/hr).
Position Types: Full-time (25-40 hours/week)
Who We Are
Upper Canada Child Care has over 30 years of experience in child care and education. We are a non-profit, government-licensed organization operating centres in communities throughout Toronto, York Region, and Simcoe County. Upper Canada Child Care is committed to providing quality programs that are guided by our organizational values of support, trust, safety, respect and professionalism. We believe that we set the stage for our... children’s success when we foster the foundations of belonging, well-being, engagement and expression in our programs.
What We Offer Our Educators:
As a large and growing organization, we have the ability to offer competitive compensation and rewards, including regular pay increases, wage enhancement grants, paid personal days, medical and dental benefits, split shift premium pay, paid training and development, involvement in charity initiatives, long term service awards, child care discounts, and the opportunity to advance and move throughout the organization. Upper Canada Child Care has recently expanded to include a forest school, allowing our educators to gain valuable knowledge and experience in this exciting area of child development and education.
To ensure operational and curriculum requirements are met in compliance with all Ministry and organizational guidelines. To ensure the delivery of a developmentally appropriate, play based program by applying specialized skills and knowledge related to early childhood education. To effectively collaborate and communicate with other employees, families and outside agencies in an effort to properly support the needs of individual children.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• A recent Police Vulnerable Sector Check
• Health assessment and up-to-date record of immunization as outlined by legislation.
• Up-to-date certification in CPR-C and Standard First Aid (training provided upon selection if required).
• Experience with inquiry/play based program design and implementation, and with the use of pedagogical documentation.
• Uses initiative; applies sound reason in solving problems and resolves conflict in a calm, professional manner.
• Proven ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively and establish appropriate relationships with families, coworkers and other professionals.
• Have the physical and emotional stamina to effectively supervise children in a variety of settings including outdoor public spaces.
• Ability to use computer systems and programs; including Dayforce, and Storypark.
Please apply by clicking on the available link, or email your resume to [email protected]
Upper Canada Child Care is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from members of our diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the interviewer in advance if you require accommodations.
Thank you for your interest; only applicants who may be interviewed will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook
Assistant Teacher- Split Shift Position Markham jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.