SRP Phoenix AZ United States
4 days ago
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing... business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Provides professional expertise in hydrology and hydraulic engineering to resolve problems related to water resources planning, supply, demand, transmission and distribution operations, hydraulic integrity of facilities and measurement and control of water. Investigates the hydrologic characteristic of specific watersheds and formulates criteria to determine rate and quantity of runoff related to storm intensities to improve storage/delivery operations.
• Places personal and coworker safety above all work tasks and duties.
• Develops, formulates, and refines procedures for correlating watershed precipitation and runoff.
• Conducts hydrologic studies of watersheds to develop runoff models/forecasts/flood routing hydrographs.
• Formulates hydrologic and meteorological forecast elements to be used as input for short-and-long range planning of water resources.
• Assist management during emergency operations by calculating storm duration severity/flowrates/projections/reservoir status/graphic illustrations.
• Assists other departments in questions relating to hydrology.
• Coordinates SRP/US Geological Survey activities in installing/operating/maintenance of watershed stream gages/hydrometerogical monitoring equipment.
• Coordinates SRP/US Natural Resource Conservation Service efforts in snow surveys, installing/operating/maintenance of show monitoring/telemetry equipment.
• Review proposed programs of federal/state/local agencies and evaluate impact of the programs/policies on SRP water resources/irrigation system.
• Assist in division responsibilities for water contract administration, accounting and record maintenance.
• Participate in water resource research activities.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to level 2 requires a minimum of two (2) years’ experience at level 1; demonstrated capability to
perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to senior level requires
a minimum of three years’ experience at level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of
assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or
occasional lead responsibilities. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional level work experience is
required for the Senior level.
• The remote nature of some aspects of the work requires travel on the SRP watershed which could include overnight stays away from the home office as well as non-standard modes of transportation such as helicopter, all-terrain vehicles, kayaks, and mountain bikes.
• Demonstrates a commitment to safety in all aspects of job responsibilities.
• Knowledge and understanding of project operating procedures and policies relating to the water transmission and distribution systems, etc.
• Knowledge of SRP watershed characteristics.
• Knowledge of the Salt, Tonto, and Verde river system, the location of stream gauging stations and the peculiarities of each station.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with reservoir, canal and lateral system, particularly the gauging and control structures.
• Ability to develop, maintain and use various watershed runoff models.
• Knowledge of SRP storm and flood emergency operations, policies and procedures.
• An understanding of SRP water contracts and agreements.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written, and ability to tactfully answer inquiries regarding SRP water conditions.
Requisition ID: 15582
SRP currently offers a hybrid workplace, which allows employees whose jobs can be performed remotely, and who have sufficient technical capability, to telework up to three days per week. Although teleworking is available, all employees must live and work in Arizona. We are taking steps to protect the health and well-being of all team members, and by following a number of health and safety protocols, to reduce the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Phoenix AZ USA
Jobs in Phoenix AZ United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.