National College of Ireland
National College of Ireland Dublin Ireland
1 week ago
Purpose of Position:
To deliver the Early Learning Initiative's 0-2 Years Home Visiting Programme
• 0-2 Years Coordinator
• Assistant Director of the Early Learning Initiative
• 0-2 Years Coordinator
• Assistant Director/Director of the Early Learning Initiative
• Early Learning Initiative team
• National College of Ireland
• Families in Dublin's Inner City and North Inner City
The role is to conduct hourly home visits with families of children aged one month to eighteen months. The role is to provide parents with opportunities to develop their knowledge of child development and parenting skills in a relaxed way.
Each home visitor is responsible for:
• This programme recognises that the parents are the expert of their own baby. The Home Visitor supports and extends this learning.
• Modelling best practice for families and offering appropriate information depending on the age and stage of the child.
• Attend weekly supervision... to reflect on previous home visits and plan for the following home visits.
• Facilitating mother and baby groups in the area.
• Attending relevant training to upskill and provide up-to-date information to families.
• Being vigilant in monitoring and responding to incidents in line with 'Children's First' and the National Child Protection Guidelines.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Relevant qualifications in early childcare and education.
• A minimum of two years' experience working with children and families in education.
• Experience in working with children under the age of two years.
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of College personnel, community stakeholders and other outside individuals/organisations.
• Proven capacity to work independently and as part of a team in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities.
• Good time management, administrative and organisational skills.
• Excellent behaviour management skills.
• An interest in child development and family support. A willingness to attend on going training and development.
12 month fixed term contract with possibility of renewal subject to ongoing funding
Two positions available with one post having a
caseload of families in the Dublin 2 and Dublin 8 areas
€23,297- €34,685 pro rata
15 contact hours per week, comprising of hours for home visiting, supervision and preparation/recordkeeping.
8% of hours worked
National College of Ireland's mission is to widen participation in higher education and unlock each student's potential. The College offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills and self-confidence to change their lives, contribute to a knowledge based economy and become responsible, active citizens.
To apply please e-mail your cover letter and CV both in PDF format ONLY, quoting reference number: NCI 1042 to: recruitment- by 5:00 pm, 24th May 2023.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to a 0-2 Years Home Visitor – Early Learning Initiative, are based on the current stated role and objective of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
The Importance of Confidentiality
0-2 Years Home Visitors Dublin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.