Lynk Falls Church VA United States
5 days ago
As a Satellite Flight Controller at Lynk, you will have many satellite control and telecommunication network operations duties and will be expected to perform a wide variety of highly skilled tasks, including satellite flight operations, ground data processing, anomaly resolution, etc. This includes routine operational tasks on the satellites and ground systems, special activities in response to non-nominal conditions, off-line support functions, together with first-level troubleshooting and anomaly resolution of the satellites and ground system. You will also participate in the initial deployment and checkout of each satellite and its transition to normal daily operations. This position is part of a team supporting real-time operations, monitoring, and command and control of the Lynk satellite constellation and telecommunications network at the Lynk Satellite Operations Center. You will be expected to work on 10-hour shifts that may include weekends in a 24-hour multi-satellite operations environment.
The Satellite Flight Controller will perform work across many satellite operations domains including mission design, flight dynamics, attitude determination and control, navigation, power management, and other satellite subsystems. Specific activities include:
• Create, review, and validate satellite command schedules required for routine operations.
• Load and execute scheduled commands on the satellite and ground systems in accordance with procedures, operational notes, and the daily activity schedule.
• Review satellite command telemetry to verify all satellite commands sent were correctly executed and resolve any issues that arise.
• Continuously review satellite telemetry to support state of health evaluation, trending, and analysis for satellite sub-system engineering troubleshooting, and assist in resolving issues.
• Monitor the downlink and processing of data products from the satellites and review the results to identify any issues with on-board activities or ground processing.
• Monitor ground systems to verify operational status, detecting and reporting anomalous conditions that could adversely affect operations.
• Support the engineering team in investigations and data gathering in response to routine, anomalous or non-routine events on the satellites or ground systems.
• Perform accurate, timely, and descriptive satellite and ground system event logging and provide a daily report on satellite health and performance.
• Work with remote ground station personnel to ensure that real-time activities conducted by them are consistent with operational requirements and authorizations.
• Support updates/changes to operations checklists, procedures, and/or software tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
• 3 years of experience in a satellite or network operations environment.
• Knowledge of satellite flight dynamics and subsystems is desired.
• Experience with mission design and trajectory analysis software systems is desired.
• Familiarity with Linux is desired.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
The U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) require the person in this position to be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. To learn more about ITAR, please visit Understand ITAR.
Are you interested in this job? Please apply from Salary.com
Job ID: j202304252234202678329
Recommended Job Skills: Air Traffic Management, Auditing
Average Estimate Salary for a Satellite Flight Controller: $101,374 to $135,410
This data is calculated using netizen feedback data. To get the most accurate number for your company jobs in your locations, use our subscription products: https://www.salary.com/companalyst
Falls Church VA USA
Jobs in Falls Church VA United States
Satellite Flight Controller Falls Church jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.